Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default removing curve from text following curve

Hello!

Long time no talk I am wondering here how to remove a curve that I have made with a text-to-follow curve... Sure, I know I can take out the outline, but what if I wanted to make the text have an outline? Any workarounds?

ROnC

Default Re: removing curve from text following curve

Hi
    What I do is select the text innquestion, convert to editable shapes, then ungroup, you keep the text shape but loose the ability to edit text. Then you can select the curve and delete.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943
    Hello!

Long time no talk I am wondering here how to remove a curve that I have made with a text-to-follow curve... Sure, I know I can take out the outline, but what if I wanted to make the text have an outline? Any workarounds?

ROnC
    Hi ROnC,
    I guess another way is to select no line, then take your contour tool, set the number of steps to 1, and then take your fill tool, click on the contour only and make it whatever color you want. This way you'll still be able to edit the text and move the shape.

ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can select either the text or the curve by holding down the control key while clicking on it. You can then set no line or a line width.

Christine

I'd go with Christine - colour your lines as you like, then hold down CTRL, select the curve, and set it to no colour.

Or, you could experiment with a 1-step contour: the top image is has a curve with no line colour and text with a red line colour, but the bottom is text/curve with no line colour, and a 1-step contour coloured red.

X1 and Xtreme both default to the apparantly randomly-chosen 4 steps for a new contour, but you can always change it back to 1 and colour it as you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curve.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	23876  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Instead of control-click, just press F4.