Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post March 2006!

eyeball! eyeball! almost got hypnotised by it Gary..........Norman

Fantastic eyeballs, Gary, What is the program you mentioned? Is it available to public (I notiviced you mentioned a private developer).
    Jim

gwpriester
    I have been thinking of giving that a try myself about the only thing holding me back is a reliable source of in bulk cheap ( so I can give them away ) 3d glasses, any vendors out there?
    Wayne

Wayne..you have the wrong type of stereogram for glasses, Gary's are floating object stereograms, you don't require glasses..glasses are for 3D color stereograms where you offset the colour channels a number of pixels then reassemble into one (messy loking image) I believe. (Well that is a very simpified explanation from an amateur)
    Jim

The software is not available yet. It is a program under delevelopment. Someday soon.

What is amazing about the way it works is there is so little distortion to the texture image.

Gary

Great stereogram Gary!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Would you recommend Worm Sauce with Grated Eyeballs?
    Very clean stereogram.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

A very good stereo pic... and the house has a really flat roof. Nothing wrong with that of course, but unusual from the world of snow-loading.

Pentax makes a great "beam-splitter" stereo attachment, affordable too, but designed specifically for slide film. It will work with any 50mm lens that you can fit adapter rings to. I've seen 'em in 49 and 52 mm sizes.

Your 6 in spacing is fine for things in the 3 to 10 ft range. Many landscaper photogs will use 3 to 6 foot spacing to bring out the depth and drama of longer distances.

For others looking in, horizon is VERY important for stereo work. If out of kilter either the effect won't work or your viewer will be disturbed by some undefined uneasyness.

I've got a couple myself and will post them here shortly.

...Doug
    ...Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Edwards
    Egg and Ron,

I'm normally useless at viewing stereograms, but I've managed to handle Gary's stereo photos. I guess everyone is different, but here's the method I used:

1. I placed my head about 18 inches from the monitor's screen.
    2. Without trying to focus on anything in particular, but looking more towards the space between the lower halves of the pictures, I simply crossed my eyes.
    3. I played about with the amount of crossing until I became aware of the table in the foreground. At first it was still two images, but now that I had the table as a "target" or goal that had singled itself out from all the other objects, I found that with a few extra crossing attempts that I could eventually control my eyes to the point where I could deliberately bring the two images together.
    4. Once the table was a "solid" object I found that I could move my gaze to the other objects without losing the stereo image.

It took several goes and it feels very odd doing it this way. I had (and still have) that horrible feeling that I'm "going to get stuck that way" (yes, Mum). But in the end it I guess it's just a case of re-training one's eyeballs to move in a way (or to an extent) that they normally wouldn't; a bit like training a single eyebrow to arch, or writing with the other hand. It's slow and crude at first, but once you get positive feedback the skill quickly develops.

I've viewed stereo photographs before, using those viewers that separate the images with a card and that have lenses, and the process doesn't feel so demanding or uncomfortable. But it's illuminating to see it done in the way that Gary has. Kind of opens up the potential for doing it with images drawn in Xara.

Which, I guess, is what this forum, and this post in particular, is all about. Great images everyone. Such a rich diversity of styles to act as inspiration.

Frank
    When looking at a dual image stereo it is often easier to block one image from each eye. I use a piece of paper or my hand, and hold it (or my hand) in line with my nose. That way the left eye can't see the right image and vice versa. Now look deep into the pictures and each eye gets a separate view. This is the basic principal of the classic stereo-opticons.
    ...Doug

Here is the first of three. The lego ship gives a number of layers to the picture which emphasizes 3D very nicely. The boy's expression says "PIRATE!" and "little boy" all at the same time!

Enjoy... and the paper between your eyes method works pretty well if you are the right distance from the screen.

...Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lego ship.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	24206  
    ...Doug