Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bike Challenge

Default Re: Bike Challenge

sry

John, why don't you join in? I still remember your Xara bike. Perhaps you could do a 3D version of it?
    OK, I avoided opening the moped file for a day or two, just so I could look at it with a fresh eye and renewed energy. Looked at it again and decided that the alpha mapped hub needed a total remodelling, so I made a new one in Wings and exported it to Blender. No alpha maps this time, just geometry. Spent a good deal of time texturing it, but it seemed that the painted textures got stretched somewhat. Maybe I could cover it up with some procedurals later. Also played with a combination of procedural textures and UV mapped ones for the rust on the exhaust pipe and bike stand. This is as far as I'll take it today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testrender4.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	23911  

Yea dude... and the results speak for them selves eh... way to go on modeling things out Gman Geez, this is really coming along...

you guys will have the wind in your hair and be sitting on a beach somewhere's before I get this thing seriously going... busy doing other models at the same time

Graphixman, Texture on the moped is looking good.

Gidgit, The modeling is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the final product.

I'm still with you on this project. Been replacing our kitchen floors. Putting in hard wood and getting rid of the linoleum. So my time is limited atm but I'll get something posted soon as I can.

~Liam~

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman
    John, why don't you join in? I still remember your Xara bike. Perhaps you could do a 3D version of it?
    I have been thinking of makin the tryke in 3d but I have been very busy lately, when I have some more time to work on the tryke i'll show it here.
    As for the things I see people do here great work all, i'm lookin forward to seeing more.

I'm thinking of making this bike in 3d the Dodge Tomahawk.

Or another favorite of mine the Apache Warrior.

JohnLogan.
    Last edited by JohnLogan1973; 05 March 2006 at 01:29 PM.

Haha, Liam. So that's the reason why there's no news from you for some time. I was imagining you probably cooked your pc trying to render your model . But yep, real life does have a way of getting the upper hand. I imagine you'll be an expert on wood textures by the time you're done with the house renovation... .
    Ah, yes, it was a tricycle, I remember now. Is the Tomahawk a bike or a four-wheeler? I imagine you wouldn't need stands on that thing when you park it... and the Apache Warrior looks like something taken straight out from the comic book. Go for it when you have the time, I'd say..
    Well, since everybody seems to be going for muscle bikes, I probably would have to finish this scooter off early and start one myself. Raytraced render below. Got really lazy and just applied the rust texture on whatever part that can rust... . I was planning on a backdrop for this scooter, but I might put the idea on hold for a while. It's been occupying my time long enough to be called an obsession...

Name:	Mopedrender5.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	23926  

Gee, that's a nice little scoot Gman... can I have one in Blue please

Liam.. haha, you too eh?... Ah well, that's the kind of work which reflects nicely in those quiet and enjoying hours

And guys... 3D obsessions are allowed eh

My 2D contribution to the bike challenge, and as you can see, it is a quality bike.... but perhaps one each of us had at one time or another.

Name:	bike.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	23939  

HAha, Drifter. I remember my first bike, too. It was an old trusty vehicle that served me well.
    Old bikes don't die, they just...

Name:	rustinpieces.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	23946  

haha, now those two bring back some memories for sure