Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Problem printing...

Hi guys and gals,

I have a graphic that I created with Corel. Consist mostly of fills, lots of artistic pens, a couple of text... The file size is only around 900KB, but somehow I can't print it. The program keeps locking up, and refuses to print.

Although, I was able to create a pdf out of it...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: Problem printing...

Hi Nowire,
    I don't really have a solution ... just simpathy. Been there. Done that. Try saving the file with another name, then open and try to print. If that doesn't work you may just have to print your pdf or a nice CMYK TIF.

-Ed.
    IP

Sometimes CD doesn't like scrap art on the background even though it is not on the paper area. If you need any of this, gather is all up and stick those items on some back pages where you can get at them but they will not confuse what is supposed to be printing.

If this doesn't clear up the problem, you can isolate it, create a new document the same height and width as your original doc and copy and paste just one page, if that one page prints, follow suit with each of the other pages, and printing each one at a time, you may find what the bogie is that way.

Some problems just don't go away easily. If the .pdf file is good, then you could reimport that as a new file but copy and paste is easier.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Also, there is a small printer icon for each layer . Perhaps you accidentally turned them off?
    IP

Hope I can help

Please use these following steps

a. select all your objects (Ctrl+A)
    b. the bitmaps>converts to bitmap
    make it in RGB mode and 200 dpi will be enough.
    c. the try to print it.
    IP

Many times I've had DRAW either take forever to print or not print at all. In those cases I changed my drawing to a bitmap. Although I didn't do it internally, it worked. I exported it out as a bitmap and imported it into a new drawing. When I did that it not only printed, but printed significantly faster.

Hope this helps.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

I have run into some printing issues with CorelDRAW X3. And have even converted to a .pdf in order to get around the issue. Corel, from what I understand, is aware of the issue. But it gives you better results, not creating a bitmap and really is just one step unless you change your .pdf settings.

For me, I have to live with it if I need to use the features which X3 has. At least I know how to print what I need, even though it is handy to print proofs out of DRAW.

It would seem that the Beta testers either were silent or Corel didn't listen to them. Whatever.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP