Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara X running slow

Hi People

I'm running Xara X on a dual P4 3.4Ghz Xeon PC with 3 Gb RAM on 2 Screens. I have a NVIDIA Quadro graphics card. So the PC is of a reasonable spec. I’m finding that Xara starts to act slow when you have over 20 layers of mainly vector only graphics. Only about 2 layers have a screen shot of a browser window. When you try to move anything there is a pause for about 2-4 seconds (depending on how big the file is). The one I’m currently using uses 35Mb but is only 826Kb in size.

Does anyone know what’s causing this?

Has anyone experienced this before and fixed it?

Default Re: Xara X running slow

Have you tried turning the solid drag feature off? - double-click the thingy-wotsit in the bottom right hand corner on the status bar (it's a blue circle with a little white mouse pointer over it).
    YourMum

I don't think Xara X has that feature. Can't see a blue circle with a arrow on it anywhere.

Ah yes. It's only on X1 and above. Sorry about that
    YourMum

Thats' ok. I had the same problem with the Extreme trial as well. And reducing the view quality doesn't work either. I'm guessing its something to do with the way the dual processors work together but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Boleyball
    I'm guessing its something to do with the way the dual processors work together
    You may be right. I've read that software that hasn't been optimized for dual processors may run slowly.