Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grafixman ???? Blender ????

Grafixman, Hi.

You mentioned in another post that you use Blender. I assume this is Blender3D, the freeware version. If so, is the learning curve steep? It seems a very impressive app.
    Considering giving it a go, but don’t like installing, then uninstalling too many apps on my system if I can avoid it. I wouldn’t mind playing around with some 3D though. Just wondering if it requires a great deal of time to get to know the basics.

Thanks

Sark
    IP

Default Re: Grafixman ???? Blender ????

Blender is a very capable open source app. It's also very small, so I think it wouldn't take up too much space on your computer. One thing you have to make sure, though, before installing it, is that your graphics card is compatible with it, so that a lot of issues could be avoided. It works best with NVidia cards. ATI cards seems to cause a lot of issues, as frequently posted at Elysiun. I think you'd have to tweak your graphics card drivers for ATI cards.
    A forum topic on graphics cards and Blender:
    http://www.blender3d.org/forum/viewt...8a5e75e9b09dea
    Another thing to consider is you probably have to install Python to get some scripts to run. And Yafray is an optional renderer. No hurry to install it since Blender has a pretty functional internal renderer.
    Lots of other details, too, but I think it would be best discussed in the Off topic forum or the 3D forum, since it is not a Corel Draw topic. The mods would probably move this topic, too. If you have any questions that I could help you with, feel free to post it there. Or if you're really interested and wanted more expert opinions, visit www.elysiun.com , that's where the blenderheads hang out....
    IP

Default Re: Grafixman ???? Blender ????

Grafixman, Thanks.

Knew I was off topic, but it was here you mentioned it and wasn't sure if you looked in elsewhere. I'm using a Matrox card, so will look in on the link you posted. Couldn't stretch to one of the pro apps at the moment, so this looks worth a try.

Thanks again

Sark
    IP