Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash to looping DVD

Has anyone managed to create a loop of a Flash animation on a DVD?

I have a whole raft of software available but nothing works!

The shortest method, in theory, is to export the movie in Flash to avi, and then use VSO's ConvertXtoDVD - this even has a loop setting in the Authoring tab, but it does not loop when I play it. And it (from the demo version) did not even run on a domestic DVD player. Grrrr.

I have also tried Adobe Premiere Standard (got it with a Sony laptop) - that converts the AVI to MPEG2 and then using a Sony-provided utility to burn the DVD - but that has no loop option. The only solution was to repeat the clip a few times - to give say 15 minutes of playing time.

Any useful tips?!!!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Default Re: Flash to looping DVD

Hi Simon

Why don't you export the movie as a .mov (real player) which you can do directly from the Flash publish option window.

As for looping, set up the loop within Flash. On your last frame add:

gotoAndPlay(1);

This will continously loop the movie, irrespective of the player options.

Hope this helped.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Finally got around to trying this; thanks Egg.

Yes, the mov happily loops but the two tools for writing it to DVD don't like it - Click to DVD (Sony) and ConvertXtoDVD (VSO). The latter says the mov file has no video stream

The avi from Flash does not loop.

Both DVD tools will accept the AVI but neither allow you to tell it to loop!

The only other poss I can think of is that some DVD players may allow you to loop the DVD.

Good job I have some hair left.
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Sorry I couldn't be of further help Simon, I've never gotten into movie production.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

There is a lot of free software on the web for doing such a thing. There is even an article by Macromedia how to do it. Just use google or your favorite search engine.
    IP

James

Thanks... I found this http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/fla..._video_06.html for example; I did once try Quicktime which has a loop option. The problem was that when I burnt the DVD it no longer looped. I tried all sorts of combinations of Flash export formats, video editing software and then DVD burning software.

In the end I repeated the exported avi 5 times, wrote it to the DVD and the client set the player on repeat.

It was for a karaoke bar to show on their screens when nothing else was happening.

If you can solve this, it would be a great help for next time.
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

I just made a DVD with a looping animation. Used a quicky GIF and converted it to a Flash Sprite. Exported the SWF and used Nero Burning Rom.

I used "make a Data DVD" option and it did well.

I haven't tried a MOV, AVI or WMV file. But I don't think it would make much of a difference.

The only thing I can figure is that the original movie you made didn't have looping animation.

The only solution I can think of is to import the AVI into Flash as individual frames (convert to jpeg or some other format), then convert the project as a sprite which then can be looped. If it's a big movie it might choke your computer a bit as it will create hundreds of frames.

Forgot to add, if you use AVI files they must be converted to DVD compliant MPEG-2 files. Some major DVD manufactures offer looping of videos, some less expensive DVD's won't do that.

But there again, you exported flash, I would bet that the original avi file wasn't looping.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 06 April 2006 at 01:55 AM.
    IP

James

"I used "make a Data DVD" option and it did well." may be the key point - as long as a DVD player - rather than a computer-based DVD player - will run it.

The animation was simply done in Flash - I did not need to import to it.
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

I suppose one could make a splash screen for the DVD and give the option for computer users to use a chapter menu.

Perhaps may work for some stand alone DVD players if they are up to current standards.
    IP

try this converter by geovid
    it allows flash to all video formats conversion
    IP