Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just wondered if anyone else had a prob with the initial installation of xara x.

Whenever I install it, a message appears saying "xarafon not installed". I followed the instructions but still doesn't work.
    Any suggestions?

Just wondered if anyone else had a prob with the initial installation of xara x.

Whenever I install it, a message appears saying "xarafon not installed". I followed the instructions but still doesn't work.
    Any suggestions?

Got the same message when I launched XX after (succesfull) install.
    First of all: reboot after install. If still not working check this. The xarafon must be in your C:\windows\fonts... directory. If not, it is also in your xara dir. From this dir you can install to the fonts dir by using "Machine Config".
    After that reboot the machine. It should be working now. If not try to install XX from another CD-player. In my case everything worked fine after reinstalling from my (second) CD-player.
    Still probs? Mail to XARA's Craig Hamilton. His e-mail is in the topic " Install Problems"
    Good luck
    Albert

If you have installer problems, please email support@xara.com rather than Craig. Our developers contribute to this newsgroup as their workload permits and may ask for feedback on specific problems. However our preferred route for problems like this is our Support Department.

A similar problem in this forum turned out to be too many fonts. Try having a clearout.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean