Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question New to 3d trialing the trial

Hey everyone

Graphic and web designers here and looking for a programme where we can design a logo in Photshop, Corel, Png or similar and then give it the 3d animation treatment.

With the xara 3d trial I find I cannot do that as most of our work is in tiff, jpg, png format. If i use corel to save as WMF file ( we never use WMF ) then I still cannot imprt into xara

help...... and advice would be wunnerful

Khepri

Default Re: New to 3d trialing the trial

Hi Khepri,

Welcome to the forum.

The formats you mention are all bitmapped (also known as raster) images. WMF can contain vector and/or bitmapped images. Xara3D requires WMF, EMF, XAR, or WEB vector graphics for import.

Using Corel to save a bitmapped image you created in Photoshop does not convert the image into vector format. If you create the logo in CorelDraw as vectors and export as WMF, you can import into Xara3D.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: New to 3d trialing the trial

I am only a newbie , but the easiest way I find is to trace whatever logo in Macromedia Flash MX (at least get the outline of the logo and fill it with any color), delete the first (traced) layer then export to WMF.

You can then use the logo you have already drawn in Photoshop as a JPEG or GIF whatever for a texture on top of the WMF shape you made in flash, if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 07 February 2006 at 08:53 AM.