Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question More Coin Questions

Hi all..I have been playing around with the coin effect in the other posts and would like to take this one step further..Is there a way to get the center disk of this graphic to spin in the opposite direction of the outer ring? I know that there might but this also might be pushing it a little bit..
    http://www.keithmj.com/coin.gif

Also what is the code to get this coin to be centered in the middle of this post? I tried the <CENTER>http://www.keithmj.com/coin.gif</CENTER> tags and this doesn't work. Cheers..Keithmj

I attached the .xar file
    The graphic should show?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Keithmj; 29 January 2006 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Graphics not showing
    Juggle-On..Nood is not Lewd.

Default Re: More Coin Questions

Hi Keith,

I'm not seeing your image, so I can't suggest anything about the animation.

Not sure how to center the image either.

You might try using the advanced editor if you are not already doing so. You can also attach images and upload them directory to Talkgraphics instead of hosting them on another site.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi, Keith, what you want is straightforward, as long as the outer ring is a separate object from the inner coin. The xar file you posted had them joined as a single shape. Just separate the shapes and import them both into Xara3D. X3D will try to make them both the same size, so import the coin first, then the ring onto another line. Then select the coin and reduce it to about 60%, then reduce the line spacing to around 13%.

Now you can select each object independently and choose rotate directions and axis for each of them.

Mike

Question Re: More Coin Questions

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj
    Hi, Keith, what you want is straightforward, as long as the outer ring is a separate object from the inner coin. The xar file you posted had them joined as a single shape. Just separate the shapes and import them both into Xara3D. X3D will try to make them both the same size, so import the coin first, then the ring onto another line. Then select the coin and reduce it to about 60%, then reduce the line spacing to around 13%.

Now you can select each object independently and choose rotate directions and axis for each of them.

Mike
    Hi..Thanks..I made two objects, a coin and ring, and imported as you suggested. I have no problems until I try to reduce the size of the coin. Then even with a page brake the coin does not rotate inside the ring? But it put them on separate pages..When I select the coin to reduce it what part of the program do I use? The Font size? I have been trying this and the only thing that I can think of is that I have a glitch in the program..Maybe that is why I can't do it..Doing the graphics on both sides of the coin is no problem, it is when I try to reduce one image. In the text options it shows the coin inside the circle but when I view it it shows on two pages..Cheers..Keithmj
    Last edited by Keithmj; 29 January 2006 at 02:29 PM.

Keith, the two objects should be on separate lines in the same page.

For sizing, yes, use the Font size field on the toolbar to resize the coin while it is selected. With no cursor, you can amend the line spacing to adjust the vertical positioning.

If the coin has to show two different textures for front and back, then get everything working for a single page, then go to the text dialogue and select both the existing objects, then enter a page break, and paste the copy after it. Then you can amend the texture of the coin in the second page. You would also want to ensure Front face only was selected in the animation dialogue.

(Edit) I forgot to say to copy to clipboard, then enter a pagebreak, then paste the copy after it! Tsk, tsk.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sizing.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	23254  
    Last edited by simsmj; 29 January 2006 at 04:47 PM.

Cool Re: More Coin Questions

Hi..Thanks for the advice..I just kept playing with what you said and finally got it to work the way it was suppose to..Here is one of my final projects I did just see what the program could do..This program can do some amazing things but there are alot of things you have to learn and do just certain ways..Cheers..Keithmj

Just make sure your background colors match..
    Last edited by Keithmj; 29 January 2006 at 06:26 PM.

Ok, guys,here's my try on spinning coin, a finnish one euro,more spinning stuff at: http://spinningdemos.comeze.com/

Spinning Euro seen check here: http://www.elisanet.fi/arigrafix/images/euro.gif

Another try, A roman ancient coin spinning, check here: http://www.elisanet.fi/arigrafix/images/roman_coin.gif

Data about coin found here: rare one: http://www.coins-auctioned.com/docs/...losseum-aureus

Well, not related to spinning coins but here spinning roman daggers crossed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daggers.gif 
Views:	164 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	83924  

Hi Folks,

I have this bead (doing some stuff for my wife) and need to have 2 different faces on it. I can figure out how to get one spinning fine but how to get the 2nd face on it I'm really unsure. The foot should be on one side and the 'Remember' should be on the other side when it spins. Could you give some guidance preferable in bullet form on how to do this or point me to a thread that describes this properly? I will have to make several so the instructions will not go to waste for sure. I will attach the 3DX file plus the other texture just to give you an idea what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for any help you can give,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Karateed; 02 October 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Dumbass memory, can't remember what files are what
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11