Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Managing Fonts & Clip-art

I would like to a bit more about font managment in XX.

Where does the Font list shown come from? Is it simply what is in the windows font folder or from elsewhere?

People in this thread have discussed installing fonts as needed on the fly with external font managers. Do these auto update the Xara font manager info.

Basically, I guess I am trying to understand the WORKFLOW.

I have many more fonts than I need on a day to day basis, but in Xara (or other apps) I want to be able to review them and make them available as desired.

Thanks

Hello,

my tool is not intended to be a "Font Manager" like BitStream or others and compete with them.

The tools should be positioned as a XARA XTREME add-on.
    In fact it is intended to create XARA COMPATIBLE ONLY font LIBRARIES (e.g. that you can easily integrate into Xara using the Font Gallery, and the GET FROM DISK button) from your collected truetype spare font files.

This will allow you, to use your created font libraries from inside XARA, with perfect integration into the font gallery (preview, get, install....)

I will publish some links to AVI files that will explain better than words.

Regarding "trying it", it is a little early. I have finished the main code a couple of days ago, and I am still working on the error handling, and optimized font auto display.
    I will keep you informed...

Regards.

Roberto

Sounds excellent Roberto - I look forward to trying it out.

Christine