Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK, Thanks all for the help and suggestions! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
    My only last comment... again, I don't use the clipart very much, and it's not a huge deal, but there are probably others who have Corel clip art collections who might be quite disappointed after buying XaraX from on line where it doesn't clearly exaplain about the limitations in the use of the cdr files, even if the free trial is available, they shouldn't have to discover it for them selves. Also, others might have the clip art with out the program anymore. Just my suggestion to Xara. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

I read this string and just had to put in my two cents. For a long time I have tried to figure out why Corel doesn't play together well with other companies such as Adobe and Xara. I think this is more than a lawyer thing...maybe it is. Though I do think it is a business thing. Illustrator has no problems opening CDR files right? But try to import a cdr file into Framemaker and it looks like crap (but it is still better and easier than having to manage and replicate multiple file types). Corel tells me that they have added the request of importing CorelDRAW files directly into Frame and other programs (like they have with Powerpoint). But I am not convinced. IF Xara wants to import cdr files, is it on Xara to figure it out or is it on Corel to tell Xara how it is done? So what is the big deal about sharing formats? Is this a business thing, a bad history thing? How much easier would all of our lives be if we could "all get along". And as smart as we all think we are as a society and as programmers, how frigg'n hard can it be really?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TekArt:
    I read this string and just had to put in my two cents. For a long time I have tried to figure out why Corel doesn't play together well with other companies such as Adobe and Xara. I think this is more than a lawyer thing...maybe it is. Though I do think it is a business thing. Illustrator has no problems opening CDR files right? But try to import a cdr file into Framemaker and it looks like crap (but it is still better and easier than having to manage and replicate multiple file types). Corel tells me that they have added the request of importing CorelDRAW files directly into Frame and other programs (like they have with Powerpoint). But I am not convinced. IF Xara wants to import cdr files, is it on Xara to figure it out or is it on Corel to tell Xara how it is done? So what is the big deal about sharing formats? Is this a business thing, a bad history thing? How much easier would all of our lives be if we could "all get along". And as smart as we all think we are as a society and as programmers, how frigg'n hard can it be really? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi, TA: I agree with you completly... I just think that Xara needs to make it clear, in their advertising on site, what files they actually can open so that it isn't missleading to new users. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1