Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Multiple menus in a website.

I don't know how to insert multiple navbars in a website in front page.

I want to incorporate a common vertical navbar on all pages on my site, however, I also want to include horizontal navbars on each level of my site that are unique to that level's category. This means I will have one vertical navbar common to all pages and as many as 10+ horizontal navbars that are unique. How do I insert these bars so they don't conflict? I'm trying to incorporate the folders in the folders list relative to each navbar but can't link the bars on the pages to these follders. They instead seem to link to the folders in the xara folder in the program file. If I create the link within the site instead, will that solve the problem? If so, how do I do it? Also, I have a dozen or so horizontal buttons I want to place on the Services page, but I want them to continue on multiple lines under each other. Must I create multiple unique sets of of navbars to place in this page or is there a simpler way to get them to wrap instead of having them force the page wider? The reason I'm avoiding cascading navbars is because I have applets on most pages, and when the menu pops out, it's hidden under the applet.

Default Re: Multiple menus in a website.

Hi Lisa

What you are looking to do I did several months ago, but then scrapped it, the reason for scrapping it was the client changed their mind.

Here is how I did it.

You have designed your nav bar and lets say its called ButtonBlue_1 let’s make it BB1 for short.

Now save BB1 as new project let’s say bb1, and then click the Save Graphic button, three steps here as follows

1. Locate the folder your site is in and create a folder for your nav bar, mine is as follows Desktop\server\wonderStuff\ (now click on create new folder) and call it BB1_bar
    2. Now go down to the box where the bars name is highlighted and rename the bar BB1
    3. Now save BB1 into your newly created folder called BB1_bar.

Now all you need to do is create as many BB1’s as you like and call them what you like, i.e. BB2_topbar

Now all you do is insert the script into the right pages like so

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src=" BB1_bar BB2_topbar.js"></script>

As long as each nab bar has it’s own folder and unique name you can use as many nav bars as you like.

I hope this helps

Default Re: Multiple menus in a website.

I hope someone is watching the thread because I need many different menus

I created unique directories for two different menus. Regardless of what I do, like loading the project, the original one keeps showing up. I even manually edited the js file and removed unwanted data.

Does not matter, it reverts back to the first menu created.

Help please