Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Question How do you create a TTF?

I need to create a TTF. I've always been under the impression that you can do this in Corel. The individual letters have been created in XaraX, now I need to turn them into a font.

Anyone know of how to do this? Isn't there a service that provides this? Doesn't matter which way I go as I'd like to learn the process but if it is to time inclusive I'll pay to have it done.

Idea's, suggestions, Links?

Thanks
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE
    IP

Default Re: How do you create a TTF?

I have never done this myself.

I think there is a link for this however at unleash.com. There is a search site that you can do there to find that topic.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

IP

Well, Gman, I was waiting for you to pitch in. You have made type, haven't you. I was about to say you had, but I didn't know if you are still monitoring this part of the forum.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I go through every forums whenever I visit TG. Lots of tidbits and information to learn every time. I'm a sponge for knowledge... which probably also explains why they leak away almost as fast as I can absorb them.
    I haven't done any serious font work, actually, just used Draw to export some shapes in the .ttf format. Once was to try out the idea on a friend's ancient vinyl cutting program which only accepts text input and I thought maybe if I saved the shape in .ttf format it would be useful as a workaround. It worked, as long as you don't make the shape too complicated. Another time was when I was just starting to learn the 3d program Blender. Back then, the path import (.ai, eps, etc.) was not very good, so I experimented with using .ttf to get my shape into the program. That worked too. Then they just kept improving Blender so the workaround wasn't needed anymore.
    For one or two characters, Draw could do the job. Not sure for an entire font set, though. Theoretically possible but it would be the hard way of doing it...
    I also remember Simon Beck posting some fonts he made. Do a search or pm him for info on how he went about creating them.
    Last edited by Grafixman; 22 January 2006 at 06:46 AM.
    IP

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Thumbs up Re: How do you create a TTF? Fonts & Things is how...

Found everything I needed here. Thanks for the replys.

http://www.fontsnthings.com/index.shtml

Found a bunch of folks that create fonts there. It's cheaper to pay them than to take to time to figure it out. Just don't have that kind of time to give up right now. Plus Corel isn't the best most effecient(sp) software for creating fonts.

This site has Xara ad's everywhere! I highly recommend this site. It's called Fonts & Things. Oh, & click on some links while your there....

wW<><
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE
    IP

Wow, that's an amazing resource site you found. I'm bookmarking this one . And yes, Xara ads are everywhere there. And they say Xara isn't marketing its products very well... .
    Nope, I wouldn't use Draw to create fonts, too. Just maybe to export one or two special shapes in the .ttf format. Maybe if you want to insert special characters into your word document...
    IP