Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Poly house

Default Re: Low Poly house

Wow, really great photo comp. This is a photo comp isn't it?

Wow, Mike. Great pic. Very photorealistic. The textures are spot on, too. I was feeling a bit under the weather these past few days, so I wasn't doing any graphics in my spare time. Feeling better now and your pic is just what I need to get started again. .
    Next? Hmmm... gotta browse 3Dtotal, Renderosity, Deviant Art, CGTalk, GfxArtist, etc forums and see what they're doing. Or maybe someone could come up with a nice easy challenge?

This is a photo comp isn't it?
    Hey there Randy, I use Vue Infinity Eco Systems to create the landscape.

Beautiful Mike.

I keep meaning to take a closer look at Vue. The interface looks like a joy to use. I wouldn't mind a different renderer...maybe Vue is what I'm looking for.

Again, nice pic.

~Tirade (Liam)~

I wouldn't mind a different renderer...maybe Vue is what I'm looking for.
    From what I hear Carrara 5 has a real good rendering package, I would spend some more time exploring it. You may want to experiment with global illumination in your renders, ambient occlusion is very exciting as well.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 29 January 2006 at 01:51 PM.

Oh, it's been explored.

Didn't mean the actual renderer but the software and all it's goodies. Always like to keep my eyes and ears open for the latest and greatest to get the most options for my money.

Anyhow, the compliment was that I liked your pic and was willing to take another look at the software you used to create it.

Sorry to get off topic Graphixman.

~Liam~

Anyhow, the compliment was that I liked your pic and was willing to take another look at the software you used to create it.
    coOL! I appreciate the compliments as well, thanks.

Liam, no one is off topic in my thread. I appreciate and learn much from the discussions that follows . Moderators keeps a close watch on these things, and they're generally pretty open minded. Like real world dicusions, one topic leads to another and I enjoy that .
    Mike, when doing AO, plus GI renders with Vue, do the render times get very long? I know that computer specs plays a major factor here, as well as the scene's complexity, but for the same scene with the same computer, how much longer does it take to do AO + GI with Vue than without them? Just curious.

to the max Mike... where the heck is the bow emoction/smilie when ya need one eh ?? Rock on man