Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Menu Maker users often have thoughts about they'd like to see in future versions of Menu Maker.

Instead of posting separate topics, I suggest that anyone who has any ideas places any feature suggestions in this one thread. Then I can refer them to Xara's technical team and they can be considered for any future versions.

Please note that this isn't a request from Xara, I can't say if any ideas will be used or even if/when there will be another version. This is just a way to group together the ideas in this forum in one place.

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi Antony

One suggestion I would like to make as an additional feature of MM1.1, (unless it's already included, but I can't find it!!!) is to be able to Import Saved Projects if the computer crashes.

I would find this a great help, especially now that I have just rebuilt my computer and am having to reinstall all my programs.

Wit MM, this means I have to rebuild all my Projects.

Ken Stockley
    Wisbech, Cambs., England

1. I'd like to see some revision of the interface to make it look a little more conventional and easier to use.

2. More thorough help file would be helpful.

3. A way to import graphics form Xara X to add templates.

4. Greater control of the button coding

1. Submenus show over frames.
    2. Make the interface more consistent with Windows
    3. Be able create a tree menu.
    My 2c/2p worth

1. submenus show over frames (using layers?)
    2. possibility to create your own graphics

1. Have the submenus graphics able to have the same graphic as the menu, rather than being more simple.

3. possibility to use same graphics on menu and sub-menu items
    4. possibility to make menus to slide alongside when scrolling page down => feature more and more available in competitors product such as AllWebMenus

The ONE thing thst needs to happen in v2 if there ever is one is the ability for it to actually write <a href=> tags directly onto the page so that spiders can index your pages. Without that Menumaker is just a toy. If you use a menu system that only uses Javascript, you are onto a hiding to nothing.

It would be nice if the software would produce a site map or navigation map based on the menu structure created. I usually plan out my menus in Menu Maker and then create the pages that the menus point to. If Menu Maker would generate a one page site map, then i could print it to function as a "punch list" or task list. That doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add. And if you really want to make it sweet, have it actually generate a true simple SiteMap.html page that has links to all the links referenced in the menus. Just a simple two column list of links catagorized just like the main menu headers.

-zac

Get it to show above SELECT lists like the Mlionic and APlus menus do.