Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle & Dreamweaver 8

Is anyone out there successfully using Webstyle from within Dreamweaver 8?

I've been happily designing along for two years with Dreamweaver MX 2004, and using Webstyle from within Dreamweaver. But since upgrading to Dreamweaver 8 and getting a new hard drive, I've had nothing but problems. I can't edit/save any of my WS menus.

How can I change the destination folder Webstyle wants to save stuff to?

Thanks for ANY help,

McIrish

Question Re: Webstyle & Dreamweaver 8

Hello, I'm having the same kind of problem with WebStyle4 and Dreamweaver 8. I created my navbar menus and they appear on my web pages. However, if I need to edit them, nothing happens. Also the theme web pages in WebStyle4 are showing up in Dreamweaver 8, but if you want to edit the images or navbars, I can get the WebStyle 4 in the Properties Inspector. The image name and size is showing, but nothing is appearing in the Link or Target spaces.

Anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Webstyle & Dreamweaver 8

Hello NubianQueen,

If you ever figure this out, zip me a personal email. We must both have the same quirks in our system, because it appears no one else is having this problem, or if they are, have no clue about solving it. My post has been up for a week--long enough for some kind of helpful reply.

I assume what you're having trouble with are things you created using DW 8 + WS 4? What'a causing me trouble are the menus & websites I created using DW MX 2004 + WS 4. It makes me leary of trying to use DW 8 with WS. I can't keep recreating everytime there's a change.

DW 8 does have a patch out upgrading it to 8.0.01, I believe it was. However, I know not whether this has anything to do with our problem.

Mac

Guys,

I've just got Dreamweaver 8, used Frontpage in the past. I'll have a look at WS4 and DW8 when I get the chance. I'll check in when I can.

Jim Toal

Have you tried the suggestion on the website (sorry if you've already done the following)? One other thing that happen to me was under Modify Menu - make sure Selection Properties is checked. In previous vers. of Dreamweaver I was used to just double clicking on items, i.e. menu bar which doesn't work in Dreamweaver 8 instead once item selected you'll see Properties on botton with edit button.

Alan

Please follow the instructions below to integrate the Dreamweaver Extension with Dreamweaver 8

1. Following the installation of Dreamweaver 8, close Dreamweaver and re-install the Xara Dreamweaver extension from http://xara.com/downloads/addins.asp after removing the current installation from add/remove programs. This is required to ensure the extension has integrated with version 8 of Dreamweaver and not with a previous version you might have installed.

2. Next download DW8 files.zip and extract the files to the following locations overwriting the current files. (Change the install location as required)

WS4DwExCore.js to
    C:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver8ConfigurationSharedWsDw ExShared

WS3DwExCore.js to
    C:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver8ConfigurationSharedWsDw ExShared

XMMDwExCore.js to
    C:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver 8ConfigurationSharedXmmDwExShared

3. Restart Dreamweaver and this should resolve the problem.

I read through the thread and I actually bought Studio 9 which included DW 8 and in the previous message line number 2 says:

2. Next download DW8 files.zip and extract the files to the following locations overwriting the current files. (Change the install location as required)

Where is the files.zip file? Where am I supposed to get the files to move around. I am kind of stuck her and assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have already upgraded to DW 8.01. I bought the product a few months ago but because of projects never had the time to install so this is the first time I am using the new version. I have been using Webstyle for about a year now so I know the product pretty well

Please help.

--Larry

Talking Re: Webstyle & Dreamweaver 8

I found my own answer on another thread. for everyone esle here is the location of the zip file you need.

(http://downloads.xara.com/support/DW8_files.zip)

Thanks to everyone on this site for helping each other out.
    Last edited by lneib; 28 January 2006 at 09:35 PM.

I am also having trouble with WS & DW8. Despite following their instructions at the FAQ pages it has still not integrated. I have just today sent them a query, but having read this thread am not very hopeful!!

Re: Webstyle & Dreamweaver 8

I too am having exactly the same issues. I followed the instructions word for word and it just will not show up in dreamweaver 8 at all.

Hello, I am having same problem. I have tried all the ways mentioned here and im still having problem.
    I have start using frontpage now but having different problem with it
    there is weird thing i have seen, by using frontpage 2003 it does not save image files into the root directory so when i close frontpage and reload it, it doesn't show my navigation bar, it shows as a broken image file on the webpage. I have to reload the webstyle and then resave it to make it working. It saves all the images under the temp folder under local settings and not under the root directory where all my website files are. Im not sure why its doing this....

aaahhh i wish dreamweaver extension was working and i wouldnt have this problem

Kind Regards

JAY