Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Some Pics from a newby

Its my first time here - great site, great artists, Keep it people.
    I bought photo impact 11 a few days ago. Personally I think its the best
    graphic design tool around, well am yet to explore extreme.

Its fast and smooth and most importantly, allows me to create wonderful stuff which make people mistake me for a pro which I am really not.
    I had no formal training in graphic design,scripts, applets ( I am in finance) but photo impact has allowed me to create even web pages.

Here are some of my experiments with photo impact 11. I hope you lo\ike them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birdie.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	23047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manga.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	23048  

IP

Default Re: Some Pics from a newby

About PI being the best, well, I wouldn't go that far.You'll discover limitations, sooner or later, and workarounds, if you're determined. But it is capable enough.
    Looks like you have design in your blood . Bold colors and nice combination of shapes. Maybe you should branch out to design?
    IP

Hi PMedia,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics
    Many say that their software is the best and if it does everything that they require then this must be true ... for them

I have PI 8 & 10, Xtreme and yet PI8 is where most of my creations are born ... (Because of my own confidence I suppose?)

There's some great software out there and Ulead is one of them
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...smileeanim.gif
    Your pics are great!
    Thank's for sharing them and would be good to see more
    Once again ... Welcome!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman
    You'll discover limitations, sooner or later, and workarounds, if you're determined
    --- I think GM agrees that his statement applies to ALL applications (more or less)...

I have to admit that PI is one of the few (if not the only) "well-known" "drawing" applications I never gave a chance. Looking in this forum - it looks like a lot of fun though!

3D/modelling on the other hand I will never be able to do... It's too complicated/detail-oriented/techie "stuff" for me. Yes, it's also takes an saint's worth of patience to learn and execute... I'm no saint... and my patience is limited. The closest thing to 3D I ever got was Poser 4 and M2/V2, but I could never make anything look like the things Mike B and Richard are able to do with it.

pmedia,

But the great thing about doing "your thing" - it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks about your chosen software. If the application does the trick for you - run with it! There is no "wasted time" - only "learning" - you always learn something.

As GM metioned - there are limitations with every tool you use - and you learn to work around them - and if that doesn't do it - you dip your creativity somewhere else.

It's obvious that you are having fun with what you are doing - and it shows - and it becomes enjoyable to many other people also.

Welcome to Talkgraphics!

>>> Edited - Kiwi beat me to the punch... Anyways - carry on! <<<
    Last edited by RTK; 13 January 2006 at 07:16 AM.
    IP

Thanks guys for your encouraging response.
    I will post more as I explore with photo impact.
    I have used other softwares but photo impact really
    allows me to unleash my creativity
    IP