Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Just joined and hope I can pick up some good ideas here. I won't be much help to anyone though as this is all new to me.

First question. I just started using Xara 3d v 6 tonight. I am not at all happy with the results. Obviously doing something wrong.

The image I created, which is basically text, looks crisp and very clear. The image I export in any file type looks ragged and not sharp at all.

Nor can I get an animated GIF file to work on my website. I export as animated but it inserts as many "pieces" of the animation with no animation at all.

Thanks for any input.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Bowker; 13 January 2006 at 12:39 AM.

Default Re: Hello

Hello Bruce,

Welcome to Talkgraphics. Could you post an example of your output files? That would help in determining what could be the cause.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

http://caribinn.com/Images/Carib Inn.gif

This looks nothing like the original that was made on Xara 3d. It is a .gif but makes no difference what file type.

Thanks

Bruce

Good Morning Bruce,

Your transparent background is being messed up by the shadow. Turn shadows off before exporting and make the page background the same colour as the one you plan to use the image over. This will give you a much smoother outline to your image. Shadows antialias with the background and cause the fuzzy look you are experiencing. With the shadows turned off, the text will antialias with the background and if it isn't the same colour as the background the image will be placed over you will see an edge around the text.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill - thanks for your help. I am using this on each page of my website as a header so to speak. No shadows did help. But it is still is not even close to what it looks like when first produced on Xara.

Some of my website backgrounds are clouds, sand, faint photo etc. so I am not sure how to make the same background within Xara.

I guess my main question is why when export saving does the image change so much? Same computer, same screen. It just loses color, shape, clarity.

I will keep experimenting of course and thanks again.

Bruce

Bruce, to use a texture (picture) for the background:

Open the Color Options and select Background from the dropdown list, then put a check in the Texture box. Open the image you want for the background. If it is a small image it will be tiled to fill the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color-opts.gif 
Views:	218 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	23051  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bruce, how many colors are you exporting with?