Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photoshop Elements plugins

so I got the plugins to open in Xara and can begin to apply them. However, I dont get the image preview in the plugin interface and when i select a plugin and hit ok, the image turns all black. any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Brian

Default Re: Photoshop Elements plugins

1. Do these problems not happen with the plugins that are included with Xtreme?
    2. Specifically which plugins are you using when you have the problems you are describing?

Glen

Brian,
    I have the same problem using Photosop Elements 4 Plug ins with Xtreme.

GroWeb,
    The demo plugins that came with Xtreme work fine ... none of the Photoshop Elements Plug ins work Brushstrokes, Artistic, Distort, Effects and even if they did the preview window is blank so it would be hit or miss applying them.

I have the PS Plugins pointed to in their orginal folder location C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\Plug-Ins\

Any Ideas Folks?

I d/l the unlead free plugins and put them in the Adobe 4 Plug-ins and they work fine but ... the Adobe ones do not ?
    Last edited by Wayne Randall; 29 March 2006 at 05:41 AM.

Look at the file version. The filters are probably the newer type and not useable. Rich

molucca,
    I tried with Photoshop Elements 3 Plugins ( Liquify version 7.0 2002 ) among others and still no luck. It sounded like a good idea tho. I'll check Adobe forums see if anyone there has the same problem.
    Thanks

Wayne,

This was 1.5.0.0 from PS 5.5. The plugins were changed in PS 6. I don't know the relation between PS 6 and the plugin versions, but your probably trying to use a later version. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plugin.jpg 
Views:	978 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	24473  

Rich,
    Thanks I found a 5.5 version and copied the plug-ins over,,,,worked great! Hopefully a future version will tweak it to use newer plug ins.
    Talk Graphics is hands down the most helpfull and responsive website I have ever been to .... Great Job People
    Wayne