Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default All things being equal which program should I learn to color drawings?

Hi everyone, well I've come across Painter IX, Photopaint 12, and paintshop pro x. But, I have no idea which one I should learn first. So just wondering all things being equal which one would you pick? Also if the answer is photopaint where can I learn how to use it? As far as Im aware there are no books on photopaint 12.

thanks
    IP

Default Re: All things being equal which program should I learn to color drawings?

If you are looking for the most compatible program to DRAW, then learn PhotoPaint. PP has not been updated that much, so most of what is a good learning tool for one year, applies to another.

PaintShopPro X is basically an image editor for photograph and you can paint with it and make webgraphics.

Painter IX is a full-fledged painting program and it is the industry standard in painting programs.

It used to be the easiest to learn was PSP. But there are the most FREE online tutorials for PSP of the three. PSP, Painter and PP are all compatible with Photoshop.

If your goal is output to print, however, PP will be the most useful. There are some excellent training tools for this at unleash.com and clicknlearn.com and many scripts you can use with Corel at oberonplace.com.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: All things being equal which program should I learn to color drawings?

Hi Vandetta,
    I don't spend much time on this forum as I loath CorelDraw, but having noticed your question I felt I had to confuse you more and suggest you take a look at Microsoft's Expression.
    It's a vector and bitmap program which you can use to produce paintings or edit photographs and is available as a trial download at the moment from here with luck:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...downloads.aspx

The attached image was one of the first things I produced with Expression after only a few days.
    It might not be what you want but its still worth a look.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	23029  
    IP