Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default vector text out of photoshop??

Hey Gang,

I know this is possible just cant remember how to do it. I know you can design something in photoshop with say a photo in some text... then when its exported as a PDF or something the text converts to vector making the text nice and clear, anyone know what im talking about?? do you know how to do it??

Thanks,
    IP

Default Re: vector text out of photoshop??

Yes, always keep your text on a text layer. DO NOT RASTERIZE. if the text is black, and your product is cmyk ( which it should always be if you are doing something for print) then make the black 0c 0m 0y 100k. When you save, save as an EPS. (make sure you have a postscript driver installed.) when you make the EPS be sure 'save vector data' is checked 'on' when the screen pops up. The EPS can now be imported into Illustrator and In Design and all vector data will go with it. You can also distill to a PDF providing you have Acrobat and the settings and profiles are correct. Quark will also open the EPS.
    DO NOT FLATTEN when in PS. All apps will open the PDF as well.
    If you're doing something for screen and convert to .jpg, .png, .tif and many more, these file formats are bitmap and the vector will automatically rasterize, so all would be for nothing. Keep in mind that for print, the resolution should be no less than 2X the frequency ( 150 LPI use 300DPI rez) Don't save as a photoshop PDF or an In Design PDF, they both are poor quality. and they don't embed data well. The file must be distilled. Any further questions? By the way, both the EPS and the PDF can be edited in Illustrator because they are vector however they can't in In Design or Quark.
    Last edited by ronmatt; 06 January 2006 at 11:57 PM.
    IP

Does this pertain to the newest CS2 or to which versions?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

yes, an EPS and a PDF stay the same regardless of how they're created. As long as a save option lists EPS or Postscript. Offhand this would include; Photoshop, Illustrator, ( .AI in illustrator is also a postscript file format) In Design, Quark Xpress, Freehand, Corel apps., Publisher, and most of the less popular app.
    IP

Thats Awesome!!, thanks peeps, appreciate the feedback, all questions answered
    IP

God Bless you for this. It helps tremendously
    IP

why might i not be able to check the button to include vector data in photoshop?...I think i might be in rgb
    IP