Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Help!!! Has anyone else experienced the following?
    Assume correctly calibrated and matching systems,
    using Photoshop's densitometer.
    The same spot on the same image will read the same values from one Mac to another and from one PC to another, but will not match from one platform to another (i.e. from PC to Mac and vice versa). Doesn't seem possible....You would expect a densitometer reading to be consistent. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by berni on August 28, 2000 at 10:24 AM.]

[This message was edited by berni on August 30, 2000 at 11:33 AM.]
    IP

Help!!! Has anyone else experienced the following?
    Assume correctly calibrated and matching systems,
    using Photoshop's densitometer.
    The same spot on the same image will read the same values from one Mac to another and from one PC to another, but will not match from one platform to another (i.e. from PC to Mac and vice versa). Doesn't seem possible....You would expect a densitometer reading to be consistent. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by berni on August 28, 2000 at 10:24 AM.]

[This message was edited by berni on August 30, 2000 at 11:33 AM.]
    IP

Not sure what you mean by photoshops densitometer. Im assuming you mean the little readout on CMYK/RGB values. What colour model are your images in, CMYK, LAB, RGB etc? I think it is quite reasonable to have a small shift if your images are in RGB. But CMYK and LAB should be fairly stable (at least you would think that). Do you have any profile embedded in the file? And what gamut do you have your monitor at. Default on PC is 2.2 and it is 1.8 on the mac. Maybe this is the cause of the shift.

Beth
    IP

Thanks for your ideas,Beth, but I've been through all that already. The images I've been comparing are in cmyk, with embedded profiles converting on the individual calibrated systems. The only times they don't match is BETWEEN PLATFORMS. If the image is moved from Mac to Mac to Mac etc, it's fine. If the image is moved PC to PC to PC it's fine. But move it from Mac to PC or PC to Mac....
    IP