Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Google Chat / Gmail

Anybody using Google Chat & Gmail? If so, I'd like to find how you like them?

Thanks, Tom
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Default Re: Google Chat / Gmail

I dont use google chat but i do use Gmail. i think personally it is one of the best free email accounts you can get. it comes with free pop access and also mobile web email. lot of flexibility and not to mention the storage they give you. i am closing in on 2.5gig of space in my gmail account not that i would ever come close to using it.

i store a few files and info there that i might need if i am away from the home computer.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP

Thanks for the Experience -always good to hear from Users ;-)

How do I get gMail? Do I have to be invited?
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

yep need to be invited. send me a pm with a valid email address and i will send you a invite tonite when i get home from work
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP

I was sceptical at first with gmail. But having used it now for 6-7 months or so, I can't but be impressed. I use it all the time, and it works great! Spam is next to zero - even though I use the address all over the place.

As Mike S. I also use it as a my "web drive" (dumping grounds for files I need - faster to maintain than a designated ftp area on one of my sites).

I also have some gmail invitations - anyone wishing to have one, just send an email to Risto.Klint@gmail.com if you wish to try it out. Put "gmail request" in the title as well as your Talkgraphics user name. Do be patient though - lots of my plate right now.
    Last edited by RTK; 18 December 2005 at 09:15 PM.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Google Chat / Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint
    I was sceptical at first with gmail. But having used it now for 6-7 months or so, I can't but be impressed. I use it all the time, and it works great! Spam is next to zero - even though I use the address all over the place.

As Mike S. I also use it as a my "web drive" (dumping grounds for files I need - faster to maintain than a designated ftp area on one of my sites).

I also have some gmail invitations - anyone wishing to have one, just send an email to Risto.Klint@gmail.com if you wish to try it out. Put "gmail request" in the title as well as your Talkgraphics user name. Do be patient though - lots of my plate right now.
    eMail on the Way... Thanks Risto
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP