Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default can xara do internal lines?

Hi,

Im pretty sure it cant, but im doing the tutes for moho and in shapes you are actually able to create inner connected lines on vector shapes. This is amazing. Is xara able to do this? Probably not, but are there any workarounds?

RonC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.png 
Views:	365 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	22846  

Default Re: can xara do internal lines?

Ron

Do you ever use the software or do you just audition all the software out there and then ask a bunch of question? :-)

Rather than ask can Xtreme do something like your image, why don't you try to figure out how you can do it in Xtreme? This is how most of us learn the program.

I'm not saying this to be rude or mean, but if you want to learn what a program can do, you have to invest some time to figure out how to do it. Each program works differenly and part of the challenge, and the fun is trying to figure out how to achieve the effect you are looking for.

Here's how I would make the shape you have included.

Gary

Name:	outlines.gif 
Views:	342 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	22849  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 24 December 2005 at 06:59 PM.

How does a senior member become a senior member? age? expertize?

Maybe rpc**** is just grazing the BEST and most infornmative site around these parts in envy? Who knows

Merry Christmas!
    There I said it - and I won't take it back.....

Wayne D

Wayne

I think it has to do with the number of posts and not the amount of grey hair one has. Though if it were based on grey (or white) hair, then I would be a senior senior member :-)

Gary

With italic lines, and duplicating the shapes, adding fractal clouds, rounded bevels and Alien Skin Bevel Boss, you'll get this.

Name:	cloud.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	22851  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sallybode; 24 December 2005 at 09:47 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

no im not simply auditioning every software. I bought xara because i love it's workflow. I now am looking at animation software, and Moho looks like it's going to be the one. I simply saw a feature in moho that I didn't really see in xara, so I posted a simple question about this. No need to be upset at me.

btw that pic was not mine, it was the one included on the moho site. They created the shape by actually adding vertices from a line, it seemed pretty intuitive.

i guess what im saying is wouldnt it be possible if xara could someday create multiple lines that can "branch out" from a single vertice, leaving room for "fills" when one or more of those lines converge?

it would really improve our artist workflow by leaps and bounds!

RonC
    Last edited by rpc9943; 24 December 2005 at 11:04 PM.

I did not intend to be rude, I just wanted to suggest that there are always ways to get around a missing feature and figuring out how to do that is half the fun.

Sorry if I was too strident.

Gary

Gary, you have to see yourself in ways of being a teacher in an art class. To be told to draw and exercise your skills and to solve problems is not rudeness. Each one doesn't know their potential, and if they experiment, they will remember it far better and it integrates into their technique far better than jus reading how its done.

Or they'll do a Sally, look at the pictures and not read when they should. Oops, still red faced over that one and no it isn't the rum in my eggnog.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

well it seems that you're just saying look man you havent spent the time of day with xara and damn it i have. I just was wondering if you know there are some weird undocumented features... after first read felt like you tried to bite my head off but it doesnt really matter because i have spent hours learning xara.

RonC

Many undocumented features have been covered in the Xara Xone TIPS. At last count there were over 90 tips and many of them are non documented.

Gary