Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default News from réséda

Just playing with the demo of Maxon's hair tool.

The ability to attach hair to polygon edges or splines is fantastic for making eyelashes which were always a problem before !!!

kindly,

ivan

Last edited by ivan louette; 16 December 2005 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: News from réséda

I was expecting an update on her after you posted the topic on the hair plugin . Very nice.
    Incidentally, the next Blender release has improved particle hair, too. Might be playing with that sometime soon. Oh yeah, 3d characters will be needing shampoos sooner or later.
    Is the C4D hair real polygons or just particles? How controllable are they? How about animation, can they be moved by forces like wind or gravity? Just curious. Hair is a new thing for me.

Thanks for her ;-) She is so shy ...!

Maxon Hair tool has two components which can be used toghether or separately :

- the Hair tool which generates polys, or even splines. It has already a lot of settings in itself. The Hair tool can be used interactively to stylise hair with your cursor. It can act as a brush, a pair of cissors or several other tools.
    If you use it separately, you have simply less effects controls but you already benefits of the interactive styling tools.

- the Hair shader which can be used to improve the styling, adding a lot of different curls effects which can be controlled by uv maps.
    If you use it separately, it can create some non poly fur.

The Hair tool has its own extremely performing dynamics set which includes collision, wind, gravity and all what you can imagine. It doesn't needs Maxon Dynamics module.

At the moment I can only play with the demo (it's included in the C4D 9.52 demo, but this is a separate module like Body Paint is, much less expensive however); I ordered this week and I am waiting. But all what I can say is wow !!! It's the most simple hair module to begin with but its advanced settings seems to be very sophisticated.

kindly,

ivan

The ability to attach hair to polygon edges or splines is fantastic for making eyelashes which were always a problem before !!!
    That sounds like a cool feature Ivan, could you post a closeup?

A little bit more work to improve renderng and hair styling ! And here it's rendered without polys. About 50.000 hairs in less than one minute at this size.

Amazing

ivan

Very cool Ivan! She's looking very pretty, in an exotic sort of way!!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---