Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Line-art plugin?

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a plugin that transform a picture (photo) in a sketch.

I think something like a "find edges" feature, that could give an idea of a drawing made over a photo.

...ah, almost forgot ...possibly free!

Default Re: Line-art plugin?

This plug-in will do just what you want but you must play with it a bit to get the settings just right then you can save them to reuse any time.
    http://www.redfieldplugins.com/filterSketchMaster.htm

In my first glide over plugins world I noticed this one, but the samples didn't show me what I am looking for.
    If you say that should be possible I'll make a try.
    Thanks for your advice!

yes you can get true line art but must search to find right settings

There is another plug-in I've tried and it is pretty good for doing line art out of a photo and that is "India Ink" by Flaming Pear, they also make Super Blade Pro, you can try it for free for 30 days, after that you have to buy it. Pretty neat, only costs $15.00. It also can do line plus color.

http://www.flamingpear.com

The exact page is here:
    http://www.flamingpear.com/indiaink.html
    Last edited by sallybode; 15 December 2005 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Adding exact page
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Try http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/downloads.htm in one of the sets there is a plugin called line art - probably just what you are looking for. The others are pretty good too and free.

Christine

Christine, I have had a look at that filter and in spite of its name it is not so close as sketch master or Indian ink for giving a sketch effect, although at its price nothing, it is worth checking.
    Rod.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I think I'm going to have to buy the Sketcher plugin from LittleInkPot --- It is amazing (although slow being applied to a large image).

Thanx woolleybear for linking me to the site. The free Xpose one they offer is very good too.

Regards, Ross

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I bought the 'Little Ink Pot' Sketch plug-in and am quite impressed. My attachment is something I made today using it in Xara Xtreme. The original bitmap was something I exported from SketchUp. I applied the filter to it and then overlaid the result on top of the original image. By giving the overlay bleach transparency it took on the look of a pencil crayon sketch. I then overlaid another copy of the original and gave it a plasma transparency in stained glass mode. The effect was to add some smudgyness and enhance the image by adding more saturated colour. I'm quite pleased with the result and think it is something I can use in my work.

The plug-in itself is very easy to use if you stick with the presets. It is a rather sophisticated plug-in in that it works by layering several individually adjustable levels. You can build your own styles but that looks like it would be a lot of work. I'd say it is excellent value for the money.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pencil-crayon-example2.jpg 
Views:	7019 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	22759