Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Webstyle4 Navigation Menu Error Message

HELP Somebody Please!!!!!!!!!!

I just upgraded to Dreamweaver 8 and following the instruction for using Webstyle4 with Dreamweaver 8. I have created a Navigation menu using the Navigation Menu/Bar option and Webstyle4 opened up and everything seemed to work fine. However, after I save the file and Webstyle 4 closes and I am returned to Dreamweaver 8, the screen displays this error message on the screen,

"While executing inspectSelection inWS4DWEnPiLock.htm, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:
    At line 49 of "F:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver8\Configuration\Inspec tors\_pi_common.js TypeErrorarentObj has no properties.

I have to click "OK" to get rid of the screen and return to the home page. I notice there is a happy face where the letter p is suppose to be to spell the word parent.

Can anyone tell me what this error message means and how to fix it?

NubianQueen
    Last edited by NubianQueen; 04 January 2006 at 01:04 AM.

Default Re: Webstyle4 Navigation Menu Error Message

Can you post a link to the page so we can look at it?

Default Re: Webstyle4 Navigation Menu Error Message

Please follow the instructions below to integrate the Dreamweaver Extension with Dreamweaver 8

1. Following the installation of Dreamweaver 8, close Dreamweaver and re-install the Xara Dreamweaver extension from http://xara.com/downloads/addins.asp after removing the current installation from add/remove programs. This is required to ensure the extension has integrated with version 8 of Dreamweaver and not with a previous version you might have installed.

2. Next download DW8 files.zip (http://downloads.xara.com/support/DW8_files.zip) and extract the files to the following locations overwriting the current files. (Change the install location as required)

WS4DwExCore.js to
    x:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver8ConfigurationSharedWsDw ExShared

WS3DwExCore.js to
    x:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver8ConfigurationSharedWsDw ExShared

XMMDwExCore.js to
    x:Program FilesMacromediaDreamweaver8ConfigurationSharedXmmD wExShared

3. Restart Dreamweaver and this should resolve the problem.