I'm normally confined to the flat discipline of 2D art, and not really up on the world of 3D art and modelling, so would appreciate some guidance from those in the know for a new project I'm undertaking please.

Essentially, what I am after is an application that will allow me to model a person wearing a football (soccer) kit, and give me the flexibility to change the colour and design of that kit to match various teams' strips.

I'm sure there are many programs out there that will do that, and with varying levels of success, but I do have three rather restrictive quantifiers to place on the program.

Firstly, it needs to be easy(ish) to use (I am a 3D virgin after all). Secondly, I'd like something that gives a very "slick" look to the finished image and, finally, it needs to be cheap as in, well, free!! :rollyes:

Is there a downloadable trial version of a program that would suit the rather restrictive requirements anyone could recommend, or am I asking for the impossible?

I throw myself at your mercy, and offer eternal gratitude and the promise of showing you the results in return!!

Thanks in advance