Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Room render

Hybrid View

Default Room render

Here is a Blender rendered version of the room I made with Wings 3d. I posted 2d versions of it on the Other software gallery earlier. Just thought I'd import the scene to Blender and use that as a lighting and texturing exercise. The textures are hideous, I'm sure... not being an interior designer, I have no idea what should be used at all, so I just tiled some free textures found on the internet on everything . The blankets were the result of playing with the wind deformation for softbodies in Blender. Got that working somewhat, though I still don't understand half of it...
    Interesting problem in setting up the scene, though. What camera setting should be used to get a realistic viewpoint on the scene while still managing to get most of it framed in the render? Should the camera be placed near the scene as a real one would or should it be placed far away and zoom it in so the perspective wouldn't get terribly distorted? I experimented on both but couldn't get a satisfactory result either way. Guess that explains why I don't post photos, too... Photography eludes me, too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roomrender.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	22518  

Default Re: Room render

Hey, the layout looks great, took plenty of work to get this done so nicely eh GM... very cool... the lighting, texturing and further concepts to gain the right atmospheric ambience will take some time for sure, but yea, way cool stuff man Looking forward to seeing some more put into this GM