Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas gift

Default Re: Xmas gift

Thanks Jose', much to learn from this. Much appriciated gift!
    tim

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy.
    If you download the file post your comments. please.

I want to know your opinions."(opiniones)" i don`t know if is opinions in english.

WOW! A .xar file to play with. But not just any file, I can see a LOT of work went into this. And I know people usually don't want to post a .xar, so this is a REALLY great Christmas gift!

THANK YOU---

I have been playing around with the Xara Extreme, trying to get the feel for it, but I haven't dedicated the time yet that you have. I just wish I had SOME artistic talent, so I didn't have to rely on software so much! LOL

Ed

Talking Re: Xmas gift

I just took a quick peek at the file, but thought it was great... I'm in agreement with the others, it was super of you to allow us to have a file to 'pick apart' and look at. I've wanted to learn how to do things like this, now when I have the time to do it, I will have this file to glean info. from. Much appreciated!!! Craig

Jose,
    Great drawing! A couple of suggestions:
    Use layers in creating aspects of the car, i.e.
    1) layer for wheels and tires
    2) layer for interior
    3) layer for body
    4) layer for body detail ( like chrome, headlights, trim, etc.)
    5) layer for anything that will make it much easier for you later on to make any changes you might decide to do. I go back all the time and make changes to my drawings, sometimes because of preference and sometimes because I've learned new and better techniques.

Lastly, you might want to create a base color to start with and from that base create linked colors or shades. This will enable you to change the color of your car at will, very easily, just by a slide of the color editor. If you go to this post you can download my xara file and then play with the color editor to change the color of my car.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...5&page=1&pp=10
    Keep up the great work and keep posting. It's nice to have a fresh posting of a car drawing.

Best Regards,
    ron
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 14 December 2005 at 05:23 PM.

Jose,
    I took a little time to show you how you can do what I mentioned above. I've attached your file so you can examine.
    http://storage.msn.com/x1pX4aYqvB-_d...xFC2jyqSMtFpQg
    ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by knightedduke
    Jose,
    I took a little time to show you how you can do what I mentioned above. I've attached your file so you can examine.
    http://storage.msn.com/x1pX4aYqvB-_d...xFC2jyqSMtFpQg
    ron
    Can you change the whole color of the car now? I played with the color editor, but must be missing something.......

I had a xar of a mini that changed colors on a slide bar, but can't remember how I had done it.......

Ed

i see the file thanks for your opinions knightedduke i sont like layes i work better in groups.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Zemo,
    I've attached another file with instructions on what to do. Hope this helps.
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by Zemo
    Can you change the whole color of the car now? I played with the color editor, but must be missing something.......

I had a xar of a mini that changed colors on a slide bar, but can't remember how I had done it.......

Ed
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I first saw this drawing from Jose, I thought it looked fantastic. But I thought if only it has been done in groups, layers and used linked colors, then it would have been truly great. And now Ron you've made it use linked colors, and it's really, really awesome. There is no better demonstration of the power of linked colors than to be able to edit the color of this car, with it's amazingly detailed shading and highlights. Truly fantastic.

(Although personally I find using groups and layers to be a vital productivity and organisation aid. It's much easier and much faster to have things grouped, so for example, all the components of each wheel are grouped and sub-grouped, and put on a layer even. Then you can then just switch on or off the wheel or just drag the whole wheel object around as one thing. This drawing seems to be 2000 quite separate objects (some layer work). Oh and using groups and layers can make a huge speed improvement on Xara Xtreme. Still, that's not to take anything away from the illustration - the results look absolutely 100%.)

Jose you've very kindly posted it here for all to see and download, so is it OK with those who've worked on this file we include this into the clipart gallery so anyone can download it from the gallery? Is that OK with you Jose, and Ron?

BTW I have a more direct way to edit named colors. Just locate the 'viper base color' on the color line and drag it to the small color editor icon on the left end of the color line. That opens the Color Editor and now any changes you make will change the whole car.

Tip number 2: Did you know that you can re-order colors on the color line by Ctrl-dragging them? That way you can move the master color right up next to the color editor icon. Saves a bit of time everytime you want to edit the master car color.

It's Jose's beautiful drawing. I have no problem with it, Charles.
    ron