Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need to create transparent Scrabble tiles

Snowglobes, yeah. No fair, Sally. I think you have this one finished and stored for the season a long time ago. . Gotta come up with something novel. .
    But yup, this should shake things up a bit here.
    Kiwi, how about a Santa on surfboard? Maybe you could substitute waves for snow. That'll be cool. Hey, that's even a good idea for novelty manufacturers. You know those liquid filled paperweights could use a Christmas makeover...
    IP

I made this last night, really Grafixman.

When I rework someone else's artwork and do it in another program, I don't take credit for the idea, just the experimental part.

I made the snowglobe in about an hour and a half last night.

I was thinking I'd paste a print screen and prove I did it last night right out of Windows Explorer. But you'd be thinking that I sliced and diced it altogether in a a favorable manner to my own point of view. Man I could be one heck of a good forger I suppose.

But I'm a quick draw. On other things I spend more time, this wasn't that hard. I found a picture which comes stock with PI for the background that wasn't available in PI 8 for the background, so if I did it a couple of years ago, how come the picture is from PI 10? If I was going to subtract the background out and rework it that way, it would take a long time.

Maybe I found it on another forum, ... but maybe I just did it last night.

Maybe I am just what I seem to be.

This sort of animation isn't hard. The globe is out of the materials palette. And I drew Santa. Used some stock PI stuff for the chimney and snow topped lettering for the snow on the chimney mouth. I drew in some of the snow and also used the particle filter on Santa himself and the star filter for some extra twinkle. The Merry Christmas is drop in banner text. And it was optimized at the highest quality though I reduced the size to the pixel width you see here because the banner text added so many frames. I split the banner text up so as to adjust the snow falling in the various frames.

Honestly, I can't remember what I had for dinner two years ago, least of all exactly how I made it.

But Merry Christmas anyway. I want to have a happy end to this year. No amount of Bah Humbug makes me feel that way.

Cheer up and DRAW, you're good at it. Come on, no excuses, now!
    IP

Just pulling your leg, Sally.
    I never doubted your ability. You see those smileys all over my message? The problem with forum discusssions is that a lot of things gets lost in the process, like facial expressions, for example. You could say the exact same thing with different tone and facial expression in an actual conversation and the meanings would be different each time....
    Yep, I gotta post something soon. Michelangelo did manage to carve David out of his gigantic block...
    IP

I didn't end my post in an angry way. I know you are a good guy and a good artist. You just love the smorgasbord we have around here and sample this and that and then when you finally spit out some work, it is very good.

So I am waiting.

If I hold my breath, will I turn blue???
    IP

To Kiwi,

"A Santa wearing Shorts", or on a surf board, a water globe, scooba diving. Get inventive.
    IP

I make tranparent tiles and could send a set to you. Walt
    IP

[QUOTE=walttiles;229519]I make tranparent tiles and could send a set to you. Walt[/
    IP