Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was printing a CD lable using the template. When I printed it the results were; top lable printed fine, bottom lable printed about 1/3rd and then skipped through 3 blank pages and then printed the bottom 2/3rds of the lable. Print option was set to "best fit". When I changed to "Automatic fit" it printed correctly.
    The strange thing is I had printed the same lable several days earlier and had no problem with the same settings ("Best fit").
    Beats me. Using downloaded X1 have'nt got around to loading the boxed version I just got.
    See screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print-dialog.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	13552  
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I was printing a CD lable using the template. When I printed it the results were; top lable printed fine, bottom lable printed about 1/3rd and then skipped through 3 blank pages and then printed the bottom 2/3rds of the lable. Print option was set to "best fit". When I changed to "Automatic fit" it printed correctly.
    The strange thing is I had printed the same lable several days earlier and had no problem with the same settings ("Best fit").
    Beats me. Using downloaded X1 have'nt got around to loading the boxed version I just got.
    See screen shot.
    W.K. Clark

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Grant,

I would try rebooting. Since the durn thing worked before but not now. Sounds like a windows problem to me. Let me know if it does it after a reboot.

If it is a bug, could you post the file here so we could give xara a couple second opinions on the problem.
    John/DOT

Grant

I know this is obvious, but did you preview your page with Show Printer Borders (Window menu) enabled?

Automatic fit, I believe, makes sure the paper goes through the printer the way you expect it to (the old landscape page going through the printer in portrait thing).

And best fit will adjust the printable image so that it scales down (if necessary) to include everything on the page.

But with Show Printer Borders enabled, you should be able to see how much of your page is in this printable area. And it would seem to me that you would want to print with custom fit enabled to the actual 1:1 size of your page.

Gary

I alway have my "Show print borders" on, saves on paper. I installed the CD version and it works fine on all settings. Could my printer, its getting old, like me.

JohnR-
    It is a lable that has nothing but text which I have printed many times within X prior to X1 and several times in X1.

I'm chalking it up to space aliens.
    W.K. Clark