Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting .png images

Hi all been having this problem since i got extreme.

I am using frontpage and importing images from xara extreme with export .png
    (truecolour + alpha)

i am getting this strange blue artifact anyone any ideas round it? also tried .gif with 256 colours and transparent and it's still showing up with the affected area in frontpage!

any help would be appreciated many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpeg 
Views:	294 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	22525  

Default Re: exporting .png images

Very strange. I get the same artifact in Internet Explorer. Interestingly, the problem does not occur when PNG images are imported dinto Microsoft Word documents or PowerPoint Presentations.

Is this a PNG bug, or am I doing something wrong when I export my PNG images from Xtreme?

Found the problem. Internet Explorer does not natively support the multiple levels of transparency (alpha channel) offered as an export option in Xara Xtreme. However, there are HTML coding work arounds.

See: http://koivi.com/ie-png-transparency/

I have also found that if I export my PNG's as 256 colors and check the background transparency box, it displays normally in my browser.

Don't blame Xara. Blame Bill Gates.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/ is a javascript version which doesn't need any HTML changes

Thanks to all you guys for the help really appreciated since i didn't draw all the work on this example i might get frowned upon since i am going to use it on my homepage,
    of course i am the first person to say when i haven't created something (to the point i am too honest for my own good sometimes). Anyway this is gonna be my main menu for the festive season! And at which point i wish to Greet all talkgraphics.com members and wish them the very finest for xmas and the new year!

May all your dreams and wishses come true!

Finally if i could get a few more members to point out the problems with exporting .png graphics to the Xara community maybe they might be able to find a work around and make things better for us all.

And on a final note i try and promote xara extreme (x1 and variations) to all the people i know i have even got a couple of apple mac guys to sit up and look away from illustrator/photoshop etc.

Thumbs up Re: exporting .png images

Quote Originally Posted by timdw
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/ is a javascript version which doesn't need any HTML changes
    Thanks for Posting
    Tom - Hwy101