Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have inserted a link to a simple html page in my movie. Once this html page is opened, I would like to have in this one a link to return to a particular scene (an a particular frame) of my movie (infact, not to return to the first scene but to the one entitled 'Coups de Projos' at the frame number 21).
    How could I proceed?
    IP

I have inserted a link to a simple html page in my movie. Once this html page is opened, I would like to have in this one a link to return to a particular scene (an a particular frame) of my movie (infact, not to return to the first scene but to the one entitled 'Coups de Projos' at the frame number 21).
    How could I proceed?
    IP

The easiest thing to do is to probably use movie.setvariable to set some variable, and then, in the first frame of the movie, jump to the frame specified by that variable. Something like:

<A HREF="whatever.html" onClick="myMovie.SetVariable('JumpToFrame', frame);">

Where myMovie is the value set in the NAME parameter of your OBJECT/EMBED tag, JumpToFrame is the variable name in the movie, and frame is the frame or frame label to which the movie should jump. This may not work, though, as an onClick, because it needs for the movie to be loaded. How are you setting up your HTML? Is it a separate window? Or is this serving as a kind of "back" button? If it's the back button, then you may want to store the variable in a file, and have the movie read it on first load. Are you using PHP or ASP or JSP or anything like that? If you are, then you could send the variable as a GET or POST and have the page preparse the value, then set the value of Frame so that you can do an onLoad to set the variable. There are a ton of ways to do this, but I'll need more information to figure out what would be the best way for you.

HTH
    -Deep (just a guy)

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Yes I would like to have a back button :
    you can have a look on the problem consulting the following address :
    http://www.nadia-dikoff.com/flash/sitenadia.html
    simply click once on "l'agence". It opens a framed htm page with, on the top left corner, a button which should lead you back to the previous page (where you have clicked "l'agence").

At the present time, it leads to the first image of the first scene of my movie.
    Here is the problem but I'm gonna try your solution (using movie.setVariable).
    Any suggestion would of course be welcomed.

Thanks a lot!

French man on the web
    IP

I like the site! I personally can not read the language but that is a good sign of a good site when we still like it. I hope your problem gets corrected because I like the way you set this site up.
    IP

ah ok - je pense que je sais ce que tu veux faire.
    est-ce que c'est possible de mettre tout ton site dans un frame? par example, maintenant tu as ton page index qui pointe a une page qui as deux frames. si tu mets tout ton site dans un frame plus grand, tu peux mettre des JavaScripts dans un deuxieme frame qui n'est rien qu'un pixel en hauteur. qqc comme:

<frameset>
    <frame src="voici mon javascript dans une page HTML" name="mesScriptes">
    <frame src="voici mon page index" name="mesFlash">
    </frameset>

et dans le javascript tu peux mettre une variable qui contient quel page ou frame dans ton swf que tu veux voir comme "back". par example, quand tu clique sur "retour", ca change une variable dans la source de mesScriptes, et quand mesFlash retourne a la page index, le SWF peut lire cet variable et changer les frames comme necessaire.

j'espere que mon francais ecrit est comprehinsible! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ca fait un peu de temps depuis que je devais ecrire en francais. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO