Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme free plugins?

I just bought Xara Xtreme and while looking through the free plugins I see that the page curl one shows up as a demo not full. It doesnt say its a demo on the site? Is there something I need to do to unlock it?

Thanks

Mike R

Default Re: Xara Xtreme free plugins?

I will add that it does say that NORMALLY this plugin costs $29.99. But is listed as free.
    http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/plugins/

Talking Re: Xara Xtreme free plugins?

"
    Simply click on the plug-in name to see a preview of these plug-ins included free with Xtreme. The Alien Skin plug-ins come from the Xenofex and Eye Candy collections (sold by Alien Skin for $129) and the Page Curl 2.0 plug-in is normally sold by Av Bros. for $29." -quate from the xara page.

I don't know if you paid much attention but let me underline these words:
    " a preview of these plug-ins included free with Xtreme"
    Preview does not mean the full thing... It means that some of the plugins are lite versions, and others are demo versions, but what's cool is the fact that even thou some of them are demo, they never expire, which in a normal case that would not happen.
    So yes with xara you do get a lot of plugins which are the lite version of the original plugins.... if you want to buy the full versions of the plugins xara let's you know that they made a great deal for you and you can buy them at a special price...

Ummm perhaps you should read what it says. It says 'Simply click on the plug-in name to see a preview of these plug-ins included free with Xtreme.'
    The previews are on that page. It is NOT talking about within the application. rofl

You get a previews on the plugins included free with Xara xtreme when you click on them on that page. Notice the little + marks beside them. lol.

Read the page. lol. That has me in stitches.

Sorry .

Mike R
    Last edited by mykyl1966; 30 November 2005 at 03:07 PM.

By the way I will not leave this alone. I will not accept false advertising from anyone.

Sorry but that is exactly what this appear to be.

Mike R
    Last edited by mykyl1966; 30 November 2005 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mykyl1966
    Sorry but that is exactly what this is.
    Poorly explained more than anything else I think. See the thread at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...1&page=2&pp=10 and specifically post #16 onwards.

Thank you for that. I searched through the forums and every thread I read talked about purchasing it and as you can tell if I have been told its free I expect it to be just that.

I will await my CD.

Thanks

Mike R