Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I'm not a graphic designer, but a Visual Arts graduate, looking to enter the computer graphics field. I can use most draw/photoediting/web design programs, and know a little about Flash animation.

I'm wondering whether I should take a Computer Animation or Multimedia Authoring 1 year post-grad program at Sheridan College in Toronto.

I would appreciate any info, insights, suggestions, etc. about the program and/or the job market.

Thanks in advance!
    IP

Hi,
    I'm not a graphic designer, but a Visual Arts graduate, looking to enter the computer graphics field. I can use most draw/photoediting/web design programs, and know a little about Flash animation.

I'm wondering whether I should take a Computer Animation or Multimedia Authoring 1 year post-grad program at Sheridan College in Toronto.

I would appreciate any info, insights, suggestions, etc. about the program and/or the job market.

Thanks in advance!
    IP

Hi,

When you say computer animation, I immediately think of the "real thing", i.e. SGI/Maya (which some work with in our office)! And if that's the case, you're looking at $20-24,000 per seat. That's a lot of investment for "freelance" work, unless of course, you have a really, well established customer base.

On the other hand, I would think the Flash/Director arena is more a freelancable entity.

There ya go!

Have a good one,

Gary
    IP