Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Use Alt tag to give a simple popup tip
    2. Use Xara to create buttons where the MouseOver variant has some text
    3. Use Xara to create primary and secondary buttons - you have to do all the HTML yourself.

Any more for any more?

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

egg
    being trying to reproduce your rollover with text's example but i must be missing a step somewhere as am only getting one "line" correct as the text does not appears on subsequent "lines"....any chance to get a step by step tutorial on your example.thanks.
    philippe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Add an invisible rectangle around your button shape that extends to the left of your button and is big enough to contain your largest text.

Create your button states.

Select the button state in which you wish to add your "fly-in text" and add your text.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

I didn't mean to send you to the wrong link, I meant to send you to the Xara page re navbar, I don't know where or what the hotmetal.pro site is. Needless to say, the example that you gave in your first response is exactly what I want to do. I can't get a good grasp on your explanation of how you did this though. I'm kinda slow so I may very well be missing something. Can you give a tutorial on how to do this, you think? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It was I who mentioned the HotMetal site - as an example of an Option 3 type of button/flyout. Nikki provided a link to the XaraX new features tour page - Option 2.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

What I don't get is what is the purpose of the invisible rectangle? Am I supposed to do something with it? I don't see a way to attach the text to the rectangle (like you can do with attaching text to follow a curve). I can't even select the rectangle when it's invisible (I have to put a light grey line around it to be able to select it and move it around) so what does the invisible rectangle do that makes it work as if it wouldn't work without the invisible rectangle?

All it does is tell XaraX the overall button size.

I made one with white fill and line, and it worked fine - unless you need transparency in which case see all the threads dealing with that hornets nest of an issue!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I FINALLY DID IT! You guys suggestions worked great. In fact, I have 2 rollover bars on one page (which took a bit of work), and I owe it all to you guys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks!!!!!

I have produced a tutorial atnav button tutorial
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No your not talking to yourself Egg.
    Thanks for a great tutorial.