Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I needed to use a MM menu on a site w/frames. I know most of you hate 'em, but the client, a painting contractor, is using this as an on-line brochure for local folks. Anywho. . .

I searched Xara's FAQ, and the one "answer" wasn't really a solution at all. So I dug through the .js file and found the "writeButton" function. In the description, it shows that the next to last arg is for "target." I put in the frame name, and voila, it works!

Specifically, my index.html is broken into frames "menu" and "mainwin" - so I put "mainwin" (no quotes) in the last set of empty quotes in each instance of the "writeButton" function.

I searched this site and didn't find mention of this, so I hope I'm not re-stating something everyone already figured out. Hehe.

Hope this helps a few folks!

Best,

Scott G.
    Agile' Marketing Services

Well Scotty ole boy, by gosh, it was just last week I told someone you couldn't fix that darn thang, now you up and done it. You should post more often cause you the gravy on the potatoes.

FP user, what Scott seems to be talking about is retriving the linked page within a different frame. This is what the target field within the button properties section is for. (area where you entyer button name, the address it links to, the target frame and the alt text)

This is not the problem described within the other posts where people are attempting to cause sub menus to overlap frames.

Yes, and because I didn't think of going back to the actual MenuMaker software and re-opening the file and then filling in the info where it said "target," rather than ripping through the code and finding the hard way to hand-code the thing, I are officially a dumbass.

::sigh::

not at all Scott! youre far from a dumbass!

Thanks Bb2.

O.K., I have a similar problem, however, HOW are you able to select the path?

I'm trying to help a friend by building the NavBars, but I don't know where the files will be stored yet.

Any suggestions? Even if I DO know where they will be stored the same questions begs to be answered as I could not do any linking when I was building the Menus.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

JG

JayGee, it's like you are trying to push a rope. It's a lot easier to pull a rope. Get the guys website onto your computer. Create a directory to store the menu, within that website, or use the images folder. Create the menu from one of their pages and store it in the directory as just suggested. All the links should be relative links, so it doesn't matter where it goes on the ISP's server, it will be all right. If you want to push a rope, I can't help you.