Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing JPG to X3d

Hey guys, i'm pretty new in 3d thing... i got a small task to do. I've been given a JPG image with no text and i wanted to make it 3d and perhaps with animations later on the list. I got this trial version of X3D on a cd but i can't seem to find how could i import the JPG into the design window and able to edit it so it'll look 3d.

So can anyone kindly tell me whether it is possible to do so with this software, if not can someone sugget me to a suitable one.

cheers
    Wazzaa

Default Re: Importing JPG to X3d

Wazzaa

Have a look through the X3D forum. Like this one: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=18733

The key point to understand is that X3D MUST have a vector shape (not a bitmap like a jpg) - so a circle, diamond, or something more fancy. It cannot do magic - picking out the nose from a photo to stretch it a la Pinochio for example. And nor can any other software that I know of.

But if you have a photo, you can put it as a *texture* on a shape.

PS to other X3D people... we must put together a sticky tutorial on this as this question is asked so often! I'll try...
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Probably best to use your image as reference and model the object. Although with the right software its possible to use a very clean grayscale jpg for modeling. Why don't you post the image and we'll let you know the best route to take.

Alrite, thx to MB and stlewis. Now i got the idea. will post when i've done with the project. Thx alot guys. sorry for wrong placement of thread...cheers