Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Don't know if these are the sort of text effects you were thinking about. Actually not even sure if you'd call them text effects or effects on text? (Slightly self promo-ish, but it's what I had available).

I, like you, tend to do most of my text work in Photoshop, but there are many things can be done in Painter. Have yet to dive in very much with P6 text effects, but will have to check it out now.

Someone once asked how to use liquid metal in a text selection on another Painter forum. As far as I know, it can't be done, but you can get some pretty good looking metal text effects, (and others) in Painter. Will try to get together a small toot to post soon.

B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logos.gif 
Views:	375 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	6147  
    IP

Don't know if these are the sort of text effects you were thinking about. Actually not even sure if you'd call them text effects or effects on text? (Slightly self promo-ish, but it's what I had available).

I, like you, tend to do most of my text work in Photoshop, but there are many things can be done in Painter. Have yet to dive in very much with P6 text effects, but will have to check it out now.

Someone once asked how to use liquid metal in a text selection on another Painter forum. As far as I know, it can't be done, but you can get some pretty good looking metal text effects, (and others) in Painter. Will try to get together a small toot to post soon.

B
    IP

xxx

[This message was edited by rosebytes on October 12, 2000 at 05:03 PM.]
    IP

BR,

Those are great samples! I look forward to the toot too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

And your site does look great! I especially liked your rider on the storm image and the morning path. The colors, the shapes, . . . dramatic.

Of course, I enjoyed the Bryce pictures too . . .

Thank you for sharing with us,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hey! Thanks!

Sites on it's 3rd version, but getting kind of old and stale. Time for an upgrade!

Toot soon! Promise!

B
    IP