Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: painter 6

how do i save my traced image original?
    so i can go back to a project and carry on with it?
    : [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] dave_hope@hotmail.com
    IP

how do i save my traced image original?
    so i can go back to a project and carry on with it?
    : [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] dave_hope@hotmail.com
    IP

Hello David!

Thanks for specifying painter 6 on the topic.

I was a bit confused. Do you mean the original image that you traced, or your final tracing?

I would recommend saving the final tracing as a .rif file. But that may not be answering your question yet.

Since you mentioned tracing, I gather you:

<ul>
    <LI>opened an image
    <LI>went to File-->Clone
    <ul>
    <LI>this should give you a new file named clone of image [/list]

<LI>Now, once you have clone of image open, you can save it as a .tif or .rif or whatever.
    <ul><LI>At this point, your two images may seem linked to each other but this link is sort of temporary. If you come back and open your clone of image file, your original image is no longer underneath your clone (frustrating, I know, but it could actually be just as frustrating the other way also).
    <LI>Remember how, you had to goto File --> Clone Source to get your original to show up under the tracing? Well the cool thing here is that you could set any image to be the clone's source. But the image has to be open at the time you are tracing
    <LI>Meaning? Meaning that the next time you open clone of image you have to also open original image (and set it to be the clone's source) to get things back to way it was the first time you made clone of image[/list]

<LI>you may want to build a directory or folder for your project so that if you decide to clone from other images you can keep them in the same directory (this could be very helpful if you put this image aside for a long period of time before you come back[/list]

I hope something in this message helped. If you're still having a problem, maybe you can give us more details and hopefully I or some other visitor will be able to help.

Good Luck,

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on September 01, 2000 at 11:31 PM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP