Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

All I have here are movie A & B. And two buttons, one on every movie. When movie A is playing, pressing button A will load to movie B. It works with button action "load/unload movie". But once movie B is playing, I try to press the button and load back to movie A. It doesn't work.

does anyone know the specific action script I should put in?

And how can I specify the "level" number. Is this the stacking order?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

to start with you have a base movie. This would be the movie that is playing first.

Now you have movie B which would be loaded into a level in the base movie.

Your load action should look like this:

On (Press)
    Load Movie ("B.swf", 1)
    End On

But this would only load the movie letting it play over the exsisting movie that would still be playing under it if you dont stop it.

When you wanted to go back to the first movie you would just unload the movie in level 1 ie:

On (Press)
    Unload Movie (1)
    End On

Now to be much more interactive and have move control over the movie and not have any waiting you could load the swf into the level ahead of time placing a blank keyframe in the first frame and adding a stop action. This will allow you to use a method called shelving or Parking. Now the nice thing is that once its loaded and on the shelf you dont have to load it again. If you need it you just call it and when your done you just send it back to frame 1.

Now you would just call the movie loaded into level 1 ie:

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("/_level1")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

You can even talk to movie clips with in the loaded movie:

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("/_level1/movieclip")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

Now if you wanted to talk back from the loaded movie to the main movie you would just call the root level ie:

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("/")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

So now your levels can go to 999 I think. Anyway just manage your levels as 1,2,3,4 and you can load and unload them as you like. Hope this helps, Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP