Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Picture frame design challenge

Thanks , but being so difficult I am sure it will not go in XTREME C.D.Although it is a pure ''XARA'S BABY''

Hey Akhtar,

Abacore got is converted so it comes across in all it's glory. Do not know what he did but it works...

Thanks to both of u who pointed my problem and solved it , now I can post my other delicate arts. As I was totally depressed and had given up.

I would like to add one thing about this frame - regarding the marble bitmap used for the fill. The fill is set for repeating if you use repeat inverted from the drop down you will lose all the repeat edges which show and spoil the effect.

Other than that great work!

Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly
    I would like to add one thing about this frame - regarding the marble bitmap used for the fill. The fill is set for repeating if you use repeat inverted from the drop down you will lose all the repeat edges which show and spoil the effect.

Other than that great work!

Christine
    As I keep saying I am not a trained graphic designer I do not really get it clear , can u elaborate it please . I love to learn and getting corrected . If you are talking about TILE effect I did not get rid of it as then the pixels start showing and was losing the Marble touch , but as I have seen at TAJ MAHAL INDIA even they could not avoid tile effects when they were not able to get a big single big piece .
    Last edited by AKHTARAMIN; 15 November 2005 at 04:49 AM.

How did you try to get rid of the tile effect?

To do the repeat inverse - after you have applied the bitmap fill select the fill tool (the paint pot) and you should then have on the options bar the second drop down saying 'repeat' click on the arrow and the last option is repeat inverse.

Christine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repeat Inverse.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	22028  

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly
    How did you try to get rid of the tile effect?

To do the repeat inverse - after you have applied the bitmap fill select the fill tool (the paint pot) and you should then have on the options bar the second drop down saying 'repeat' click on the arrow and the last option is repeat inverse.

Christine
    Thanks a lot I got it.

Hi Akhtar,

I think this is what Christine thinks it should look like with repeat inverted...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upload1.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	22031  

Quote Originally Posted by John Rayner
    Hi Akhtar,

I think this is what Christine thinks it should look like with repeat inverted...
    Yes John I also tried and got wonderful result , I even moved the yellow tinge down and got a perfect one piece. I am really grateful to Christine she taught me something great.

To get rid of the yellow tinge you can make a patch, probably best a rectangle with curved corner rotated, filled with the same bitmap marble background and feathered edge. Leave the transparency at 100%, unless you want some of it to show through.

This will fix the file you have, or alter the original bitmap to remove the yellow tinge color from it, that way anytime you need to use this in the future, you will not have to do any more repairs.

I'd suggest not changing the original file for the marble, but making your own tile and then if something goes wrong you can always have the Xara tile. You don't have to have the tile in the system files, you can keep it on your desktop of the picture frame you are making.

If you patch the marble as I suggest, select all the tile and patch and right click, and then you can make a bitmap copy. From that, the yellow tinge will not show in any of the frame so long as you select this bitmap as the source of the frame and not Xara's tile.