Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: color palette window

Yours is an odd problem. v9 is generally very stable and solid. You could just uninstall and reinstall. For reasons I've already mentioned, you should find your custom settings (property bars etc) remain after this procedure. You could then try installing the SP's as I've described, and see what happens then.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to save a custom workspace for installing after reformatting, so whilst reformatting would probably cure your problem, you would have to reset all your property bars etc. It's worth an uninstall, reinstall though.

Sark
    IP

Dear Sark and everyone that helped me here.....
    I'VE GIVEN UP!!!!!!!!!
    I just re-installed my CD 11 suite and it keeps the color docker and I guess I'll just go with that. I'm too tired of messing around with CD9 even though I really liked it. I'll just have to get used to ver 11. Now I need to look for SPs if any.

Thank you all so very much.

I had a really weird thing happen this morning. I'm printing a collage on 13X19 photo paper using my Canon i9900... 3 objects did not print. 2 were jpg and 1 was artistic text. I converted all the text to curves and tried using CD11 and same thing. So I just deleted the 2 pics re-imported them and re-created the text. All came out very well but I scurbbed a perfectly good piece of Photo paper Pro 13X19. Not too happy about that. I should have paid more attention to Canon's preview page as the objects did NOT show up there but Corel's preview showed everything.

inphoenix
    IP

Maybe you had the little printer icon grayed out in you layer docker? Then they'd be visible and editable in draw, but wouldn't get printed....
    Too bad to hear your problems with CD9 wouldn't go away, though. Would be nice if someone really familiar with the internal workings of Draw would drop by and tell us where the preferences are being stored and if there is a way to hard code the settings....
    IP

Actually, it may be that the items that did not print would not print well to a non-postscript printer.

When printing to a non-postscript printer, the printer's preview becomes more important.

I know I do the same thing, but when in doubt, run a draft copy.

If the item is grayed out in Property Manager, it isn't going to print in CorelDRAW either, and won't show on the print preview.

Some items which are imported seem to give more trouble in DRAW such as items from Word, they always are trouble. But not consistently, they are quirky.
    IP

Good call on the printer icon but that was not the case. I never did figure it out.
    Talk Graphics is still my favorite CD place as you are all so wonderful. Didn't Coburn used to drop in once in a while?

M
    IP

Grafixman said...Would be nice if someone really familiar with the internal workings of Draw would drop by and tell us where the preferences are being stored and if there is a way to hard code the settings....

It can't be saved on NT systems. You can save and reinstall custom workspaces on Win 98 and below, but NT works differently and Corel never bothered to include a patch to allow permanent saving of the workspaces....One of the reasons I eventually upgraded to v12.

Sark

Edit

You can find a Workspace folder at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Corel\CorelDRAW9. (Fill in the appropriate username)

If I remember rightly, it is just an empty folder. I believe Workspace settings are tied very much to the registry with Draw 9 on an NT system. As I have already mentioned, you can uninstall Draw and after re-installing, the custom settings remain. Only a reformat, or possibly a registry clean, will remove them. This is something I tried very hard to resolve when I was using Draw 9, alas without success.

One other point. I liked Draw 9 a lot, but I can’t say it was easier to use than 11, or 12. If you customise your settings/workspace it can be pretty much the same, but with a few extra features.
    Last edited by Sark; 03 November 2005 at 01:29 PM.
    IP

Oberonplace has a forum and some experimental script and solutions for problems too.

Also unleash.com.

Sorry you've had so much headache. I've been lucky with the 9 I have but don't use it often anymore.
    IP