Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I'm really looking forward to getting the cd of X1 with it's bit map editor that is reversable... in a sense, non distructive for jpg images. This is an amazing feature. I currantly end up with a bunch of huge bmp, tiff or psd files from my 2mb camera jpg. I use ACDSee to catalog and browse my image, it's extremly fast and has a lot of data features, unfortunately, it doesn't recognize any Xara file types.
    My question is: Is Xara planning on maybe including an embeded image for regular browsers, like ACDSee or Windows Explorer?
    If not, what would be the best way to keep track of the images using regular image browsers?
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

I'm really looking forward to getting the cd of X1 with it's bit map editor that is reversable... in a sense, non distructive for jpg images. This is an amazing feature. I currantly end up with a bunch of huge bmp, tiff or psd files from my 2mb camera jpg. I use ACDSee to catalog and browse my image, it's extremly fast and has a lot of data features, unfortunately, it doesn't recognize any Xara file types.
    My question is: Is Xara planning on maybe including an embeded image for regular browsers, like ACDSee or Windows Explorer?
    If not, what would be the best way to keep track of the images using regular image browsers?
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

I cannot answer your question but I did want to agree that the ability to save all edits and changes made with XPE with the document file is pretty terrific. And also the fact that even if you have several copies with different edits EPS only saves one image and remembers the changes to each.

Gary

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Doane,

you might try xnview.

It is free for non commercial purposes, supports an endless list of file formats and of course Xara X thumbnails. Don't forget to enable the disk cache function...

Or you might check XTV from Dmitry - it's a free Xara X file browser.

Maybe this will solve your problem.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jens g.r. benthien:
    Doane,

you might try http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html.

It is free for non commercial purposes, supports an endless list of file formats and of course Xara X thumbnails. Don't forget to enable the disk cache function...

Or you might check http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by/ from Dmitry - it's a free Xara X file browser.

Maybe this will solve your problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Jens:
    I'm just so used to ACDSee after so many years of using it, I currantly have v6.0.3. But... they are getting more difficult to get good support from and their data base has been less reliable in the v6, and, their updates are getting expensive and occuring more and more often. I don't mind paying for updates, if they are major revisions, but thiers always seem to also be adressing some problems as well that should be fixed with patches.
    I may soon switch to Thumbs+ by Cerious Software: http://www.cerious.com/thumbsplus.shtml
    It doesn't have the blazingly fast thumnail generation as ACDSee but actually has more features, less problems, and though it also can't view xara files, it does support jpeg2000, Corel and other file types that ACDSee doesn't. Also, you can print to scale, which ACDSee can't and I've been bugging them for years about it with no fix.

I should have also mentioned CompuPix, this may even be a better choice then Thumbs+
    http://www.photodex.com/products/
    This is also very fast and full featured. Comes in 3 versions for every budget. The Pro version is a bit expensive but has lots of editing features, etc. Again, no support for Xara files, but it does support jpg2 jpg2000, Corel, etc.

I thought everybody read down the features list. It's clearly stated that Xara X1 has added support for .xar thumbs in Windows Explorer windows. I'm not sure about ACDSee though.

Here's the line from the Xara X1 is available post from Charles: <span class="ev_code_RED">Windows file explorer and Windows Open and Save dialogs will now show Xara X thumbnails when in thumbnail view. New XP style Open and Save dialogs in Xara X. Whole product is more Windows XP compliant and compatible </span>

HTH http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    I thought everybody read down the features list. It's clearly stated that Xara X1 has added support for .xar thumbs in Windows Explorer windows. I'm not sure about ACDSee though.

Here's the line from the Xara X1 is available post from Charles: <span class="ev_code_RED">Windows file explorer and Windows Open and Save dialogs will now show Xara X thumbnails when in thumbnail view. New XP style Open and Save dialogs in Xara X. Whole product is more Windows XP compliant and compatible </span>

HTH http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,
    I think I saw that, but wasn't sure if that means it will also be compatible with other image viewers for thumb views and if they can preview them too.

Indeed, you CAN view .xar thumbnails in Explorer but sadly you can not view them using Irfanview's explorer http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif but you can view them in XNView.

So I'm not at all sure if ACDSee can view the thumbnails. If it hooks into Explorer directly then maybe it could but if has a stand alone explorer window then it may not.

I'm not sure how the guy that wrote XNView was able to figure out how to get live linked .xar thumbnail views into XNView but he did, so bully for him!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I checked ACDC and Irfanview, and neither do thumbs of anything other than traditional bitmaps. No .ai, PSD, CDR or Xar files shown. But windows explorer works fine if you like thumbs.
    John/DOT