Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Unable to Edit

Default Unable to Edit

Several of the items in most of the graphics have the editing buttons greyed out. When I click on the graphic it shows up in the window but none of the buttons to edit are available. I found in the forum instructions to change the registry value to 0 and force a re-download of all graphics but that did not work either.

None of the banner ads can be edited and almost half or more of the others can not be edited.

Please help

Marc

Default Re: Unable to Edit (Support)

Does anybody have any idea what a person has to do to get support for WebStyle. I have had a ticket in for 7 days without any help.

This is not a trial version I paid good money for this product and cannot get any support for a major problem.

Anybody have any ideas who I need to know to get support.

Default Re: Unable to Edit

Marc

Are these banners with a dollar sign? The dollar sign means you have to pay for them; use the green arrows at the top of the selection are to move to a page of ones you already have.

If this is not the problem, can you explain a bit more - give a specific example - including the file name that appears to the left of the green arrows when you hover over the button etc.

I suspect Tech Support may have picked an easy question! It is always tempting to deal with those first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ws.gif 
Views:	318 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	21609  
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

They do not have the $ signs. The pipe_logo is one of them, also wallace_logo and of the Banner Ads along with many others.

They appear in the design window but none of the buttons are available except the start and designs button.

Marc

Hmmm! Let's focus on Logos/pipe_logo - I get this on page 4.

For me it's fine; all the buttons are enabled except for Bevel and Menus.

Can any other WS users check too, please.

Marc; have you tried uninstalling and re-installing WS completely?
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Tried it, no help. I also reset the registry so that it would redownload the updates also and that didn't work.

Marc,

Had the same problem, BUT, following the advice posted in another thread, everything worked fine. Pasting the advice below. I think the bit about disabling "Auto Download" is significant, because you have to re-enter your login details at Xara and that seems to trigger something at their server . . .

Close webstyle click on start the run and type regedit

navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Webstyle 4\Startup and
    right click on template version Select modify and alter the value to 0

Start Webstyle and click on the top left corner and select dont
    connect automatically

Click on update and enter the member name and password of the account
    from which you purchased the product

continue to retrieve and install the templates
    Hope this works for you because I know how bloody frustrating it can get!!
    Last edited by Fletch; 04 November 2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Take my advice. I'm not using it!

I appreciate your help, however I found that same thread and tried it and did not work either.

Still no response from Tech Support either..... Makes me afraid to think about purchasing Xtreme since we can't seem to get support for Webstyle.

17 days to get a response from tech support! At this rate, I figure I have two more requests left before I run out of Support Warranty. I have a new problem, can't help you with the edit thing, but it may be similar to what I am experiencing as far as the ability for Webstyle to run properly. I will post it as another heading.

I have had the same problem with Webstyle. What I have done to resolve it is uninstall Webstyle, delete any folders the uninstall left behind. Reboot computer, then re-install Webstyle. Once I reinstall, I connect to Xara and do the register thingy and get any updates needed, like Template Pks I have paid for, and that seems to fix it.

HTH