Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosie, a dog

Default Re: Rosie, a dog

"Drat....you've got me all wrong John ." - chris

Ah... huh... ya... right...

I see the glint in your eye... I don't wanna be part of "UK chainsaw massacre, part 37"...

I'm afraid that Dabbler is long gone, although you may still be able to pick up a copy if you search for it. Be advised that it won't run on Windows XP.
    I have a copy that works fine, but only on my old laptop under Windows 2000 pro.
    -Andrew

Hey Andrew, you're right about Dabbler being long gone....I hunted high and low on google but alas to no avail . Shame, don't you just love those screen shots Bob showed us....really excellent, sort of nostalgic look. I did find Grafixmans artweaver though. Again, it is the person and not the tools which make the difference. Bob makes it look so simple and in fact....well we all no how difficult it is. I do have a laptop with windows 2000 on it but I think it is long defunct (the laptop that is). Hey john, come on, just a little nick wouldn't hurt .

No.. noo... nooo... first a nick, then a slice... next thing you know I am all in pieces...

Bob,

I think you would be well served to take a look at Alias Sketchbook Pro. It is an excellent natural media tablet sketch software. It is especially designed to work off of a tablet alone, no keyboarded needed at all so you don't have to move back and forth from the tablet to the kb. Even the layers headers are hand written, not typed to keep your hand on the stylus. I've been quite impressed with it. They've got a 15 day trial (wide open use for first 15 days then scaled down use for as long as you want). I think it would fit your method of working quite well.

Take a look.

J

Thanks for pointing that out, Joe

The layout of that software is better than anything I could of imagined. Everything about it is excellent except for one thing. It's "Smear" tool. If it only had a "blend" tool. In Dabbler I'm able to blend colours very much like using your finger - attached graphic illustrates.

I use that a lot in Dabbler and if only I could get the same results in SketchBook, then bye-bye Dabbler

Other than that, SketchBook is the best thing I've seen and exactly what I hoped there was out there.

-Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smudge.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	21433  

Have you tried going into the smear properties or doing the "make your own brush"? I'll agree I wasn't too happy with the default smear but you can adjust it quite a bit. Might get what you want out of it.

J