I'm going about my career differently I think than most digital artists are going. My priority does not lie within a media of sort. My priority is that my mind expands and I am more aware to my environment and what goes into re/creating it. It's not a digital arts school. It's an art school where you graduate with your bachelors in fine arts and along the way you take the classes you feel are necessary to your future career and learnings. I know that if I take digital art classes... what I'll get is "this is how you use this program" or "look at this cool filter", basic stuff like that. I know that I can, on my own, learn a media, find my own tricks and stuff. But I feel it takes teaching, criticism, and an environment of creation, design and art to open your eyes to the full spectrum of art. I don't want to be taught style and how to do things, as I will just blend into the thousands of other artists that have been taught "how-to-do" the same way. I want to be challenged with ideas and be inspired by other artists and grow that way.
So the whole platform thing won't be a problem. I'll be using my own computer. And for painting classes and what not, I will be able to use the computer if I choose to. I just feel learning every end of the spectrum I can will in turn make me a better artist instead of just focusing on graphic design/digital arts/or acrylic paint. If I make it over to the art center in california is when I will narrow it down to exactly what I want to focus on.

However, since I strayed a little. We DO have to buy laptops in accordance with their new system and junk and it just happens to be a mac. So there's $2,000 down the drain. I'll use it for notes and classes and junk, but my digital arts will never happen upon that screen