Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

There's this auction on Yahoo Auctions and the person has cd's of Corel Draw 8 for sale for $25.99. Does this sound for real or could this be some sortof illegal software. Just wondering since I don't have Corel Draw and don't know if that price sounds like it could be true (it sounds a little unbelievable to me). I'll look into it and if it's definately the real legal stuff, I might consider it.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/45007527

DK
    IP

There's this auction on Yahoo Auctions and the person has cd's of Corel Draw 8 for sale for $25.99. Does this sound for real or could this be some sortof illegal software. Just wondering since I don't have Corel Draw and don't know if that price sounds like it could be true (it sounds a little unbelievable to me). I'll look into it and if it's definately the real legal stuff, I might consider it.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/45007527

DK
    IP

A. They're quite possibly real CD 8 disks, maybe even with real manuals, too. If the seller has just stopped using CD, there might be the possibility of a license transfer.

B. Just as likely, the seller has upgraded to CD 9 or 10, and you'd be buying an unlicensed program, and so operating illegally.

C. On the other, other hand, maybe they're disks copied with a CD burner.

Probabilities: A = 0.01, B = 0.48, C = 0.51
    IP

It is most likely an OEM software intended to be sold with a computer system.
    I own Corel 8 of this type. Works fine. No manual.
    IP